This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wd45 pulling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcountry48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wd45 pulling
    Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 8:57pm
We had our first pull of the season down here today, we ran 140 and some odd feet in the 4000 lb class, and 131.6 feet in the 4500 lb class. 2nd in the 4000 lb class and 4 th in the 4500 lb class. All in all pretty good day especially considering this is a bone stock tractor! I couldn't believe all the power!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uvyht62Sn84
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XaHktnqU1-E
Thanks to mr. Sam Thornton for putting on a great show, thanks to a mr. Ben for selling me a great tractor, and lastly thanks to a mr. Lamar for loaning me 500 lbs of weight for the 4500 class! Tractor loving folk are some of the nicest people.
1950 B, 1952 pulling wd, and 1954 wd45
Sponsored Links

Juiceman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juiceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 10:00pm
Was it raining?
bigcountry48 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcountry48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 10:26pm
In the 4500 lb class right as I pulled on the track the bottom fell out and it poured! After I got off the track it started to clear up though, that's Georgia's weather for you lol!
Sam T-Ga View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam T-Ga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 2:33pm
Glad you had a good time. Sorry about the rain. I was getting over back surgery so was not able to pull my WD45D.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcountry48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 3:48pm
We did want to see it!
56allis_msu View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 56allis_msu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 11:01pm
Let me know the pull schedule. I'd love to come down and run with y'all. Ol tractor sounds great!
Greg knapp View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg knapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 8:37am
Hey guys i am new to the Allis Pulling thing. I have a 1953 Allis Chalmer WD45 and would like to know if anyone could give me some ideas as to what carb to run on it. Right now that carb that is on it will not take gas unless you choke it hard and after you chake it it will not stay running. I have rebuilt it and still have the same problem. Can anyone help me thanks I would like to hear from you. If you perfer to call the number is 740-508-1882 thanks for you help Form Ohio 

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcountry48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 9:30am
I have a tsx422 on the one in the video. Loads of power and perfect for what I'm doing.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg knapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 2:25pm
THank you what size tractor is that off of. Stern Smile

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcountry48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 3:38pm
It's the stock carburetor for a wd45.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg knapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 8:36pm
Oh ok the one i have on my Wd45 os a STX154 or 159 i didnt know they made more than 1 carb for a WD45 thanks though 

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 10:00am
I don't know for sure exactly how many different carbs or carb numbers that were used on the WD-45 or D-17 tractors. This much I can assure you. If you rounded up each and every one of them, and installed them on your tractor one at a time, you would see little to zero difference in their HP output. A different P/N or model number on a carb, doesn't automatically mean the carb has been changed to make it produce more HP. Rather, there was a subtle change made to mounting method, choke linkage, throttle parts, fuel inlet thread size, fuel inlet left or right or center, etc, etc, etc. A carb that would actually make more HP will come from a different model or make of tractor, not the same model and make. Example....a 2520 John Deere probably has a higher HP output carb than a John Deere 2510....similar, but 60 HP versus 53 HP. It will probably even bolt right on.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg knapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 2:28pm
Oh ok i see so if i find a carb from a bigger model it should bolt up with no problem and get more HP thanks 

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 9:32pm
I'd suggest you take your old carb along to compare to whatever you think you're going to use. I can see you think this will be easy and a "matching" carb with more HP output will be no problem. It ain't.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg knapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 2:24pm
No i dont think it is going to be an easy fix i just dont want to have a big adapter on my carberator to make it fit. I would just like to get a little more horsepower. I dont except it to happen overnight either. I do appreciate you help and everything you have told will hep me in the long run. I will take the carberator with me when i go to look. Thanks so much 

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 8:48pm
Hey Big Country......why does your WD-45 sound like a John Deere??????? You're only running on 2-cylinders......got fouled plugs?? wires crossed???........
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Greg knapp Greg knapp wrote:

Oh ok i see so if i find a carb from a bigger model it should bolt up with no problem and get more HP thanks 

NO!  The restrictions in the manifold will only let so much air in. A bigger carb won't help. If you spend some good money on cam work and timing and some more good money on opening up and smoothing out the restrictions in the manifold, then you can drill out an original 45 carb and have more power, MAYBE.
 If you tractor won't run with the carb on it, fix the carb or the fuel restriction first before you spend money that won't help anything.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcountry48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

Hey Big Country......why does your WD-45 sound like a John Deere??????? You're only running on 2-cylinders......got fouled plugs?? wires crossed???........

After we pulled off the track, dad said the same thing, so we got to looking to see what we could find. What we found was the original 60 year old wire from the coil to the distributor was just a little worn (no covering at all) it was grounding out on the throttle line. We wrapped it up with electric tape, and I thought it sounded a little better (what do you think?) we are going to replace the whole wire before our next pull and replace the spark plugs that probably fouled while not running. The 4500 lb class was after we "fixed" it and the 4000 lb class was before.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 9:50pm
Sounded the same to me............real bad.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 9:51pm
Firing order is 1-2-4-3 clockwise rotation from the top.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic