This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

180 progress

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 180 progress
    Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 4:23pm

Just wanted to share my progress on how the Cummins transplant is going. Still waiting on the flywheel, intake plenum and exhaust manifold. I can't figure out how to resize the pics. Thanks to everyone on the forum who has been helping me out
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 4:47pm
Looking good! Luv the One Eightys!
rowcropmafia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 8:18pm

Shes ready to take my seat
DarrylinWA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 12:51am
Looking good. Love the fab photos. Only thing I would suggest is to cap off the front wheel safety skid bars welded to the frame. When you wash it or get water in there, no place to go and in winter time could freeze. Other than that, keep up the great work Take care, Darryl
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 2:50pm
Very cute lil girl too ! Spend all the time you can with her , they grow up fast I kno ! Got a question about the AC engine , whats that coming out of the front of the injector pump drive gear plate ? A mechanical pump drive ? If so what pump do you use

Edited by DougG - 10 Feb 2014 at 2:59pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 3:07pm
That was just the drain line for the turbocharger. On the cummins I have a mechanical pump on the front. It's an enderle 80 A pump
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 3:20pm
Gottcha , is it driven off the crank or a belt + pulley ?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 3:41pm
I welded a drive hub to the vacuum pump gear and it is drivin off the front. That's why it has the aluminum front cover so its strong enough to hold the pump
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 10:53am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 10:54am
Almost ready to go just have to get my fenders painted and finish up a few odds and ends
2wise4agm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2wise4agm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 9:38pm
Will the 180 rear end and finals hold up to this much power? Or did you do something to them? Just curious   
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 10:18pm
Everything behind the clutch is stock except the power director has been removed and the differential hss needle bearings. There are tractors out there making alot more power than this one with the same parts, but anytime you start putting alot of power to anything especially old parts you hope for the best and prepare for the worst
2wise4agm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2wise4agm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 5:59pm
Just wondering. I have kinda always wanted to do something like what you are doing to a 180. Just wasn't sure what else would be involved.
cracker jack View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cracker jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 8:00pm
What kind of exhaust manifold are you using. I am working on a similar project and I hope it comes out half as good as yours.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 9:38pm
Mine is a custom header a local guy made. I'll get a pic for you or you could always use a stock manifold or some of the aftermarket stuff out there
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 5:19am
I like the Throttle handle!!!
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 8:55pm
TeamAllis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 9:18pm
How many cubes, what gear do you pull and what kind of hp do you think it will be making. Heard a lot about the Cummins.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 10:37pm
It's just a 360 ci. Haven't had it on a dyno, I would guess 500 hp? I plan on pulling 7th maybe 8th gear if im lucky. We only run 3000 rpm so its really more about the low end torque. Haven't had it hooked to the sled with this motor yet so im guessing there is going to be a learning curve and alot of trial and error to get it to get it dialed in. Just playing around with it it feels like it has alot more power than my 301 did
Zaddison View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaddison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 11:42pm
What turbo, pump and injectors are you running to get 500 horse?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 6:40am
P pump. Borg warner s366 turbo
Bob C IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob C IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 6:56pm
ROWCROP IM CALLIN YOU OUT ON THAT ALLIS... I'll bet you a roadsoda she runs awesome. Just don't tuck yur right leg behind yur left.....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 8:09pm
We'll see how it runs in a couple of weeks. I am dying to get this thing hooked to a sled. I would gladly give up a cold beer for a nice pass down the track.
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 6:40am
Keep us posted!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 7:18am
What did you do to get 360 cubes?
mattb View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 7:26am
its a cummins 5.9
Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 7:41am
Oh that's right. I remember now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic