This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need some advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seth Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need some advice
    Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 9:23pm
It looks like im gonna have to try to build a snow blade for my 712H because I can't find one within a reasonable driving distance. So my question is. Im gonna have to use wood and such as I have no welding equipment or metal parts lying around (I know its not as durable as metle but I figured that's what they first used with horses and its just got to last me for awhile). Ive pretty much have the mount figured out of how im gonna make it but as for the blade. Would it be better to make a curved one out of wood or just us a flat piece of Dura plate I have for it? The blade lord willing and the crik don't rise will be 42" wide 15" and a 1/2 high. Any tips and pointers will be appreciated. thanks
There are no atheist in foxholes.

Sponsored Links

omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 10:10pm
For my WD I used wood with angle iron for mounts and a scraping blade. Mine is 2 boards high, so put some washers on the top one to angle it down a little. I get a little coming over the top, but not too bad.

Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
Seth Souerdike View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seth Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 8:18pm
looks simple enough thanks :D

ctbowles58 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctbowles58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 9:11pm
if you can find a old hot water tank and cut a blade out of the side, that works good,,,, i am talking about the inner tank.
190XT 2WD45 WF D15 D14 CA BIG10 302 & 303 bailers 77G rake 80R mower 6 plows and alot more
split51 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote split51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 9:17pm
Seth. If you can find it a ride, i have a blade with no mounting attachment from a B series I will give you. All you would have to do is build or adapt a mount.
1929 20-35 sn17662
B1 w/snow blade
B10 w/sickle mower
B110 w/mower deck
B110 w/tiller
B112 w/grader blade
B210 w/plo
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 10:37pm
Fastenal stores will ship a snow blade for a pretty reasonable price.
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
dawntreader74 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawntreader74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 11:14pm
i used a old wheel horse blade for my ac large garden tractor' made the frame hook up work because theres a lot of them out there an they will not cost a lot. it's about 4'' foot wide' works good. hope you find one' would be better then any wood.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seth Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 11:34am
Originally posted by ACmowerguy ACmowerguy wrote:

Fastenal stores will ship a snow blade for a pretty reasonable price.
im confused whats a Fastenal stores?

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seth Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 11:35am
Originally posted by dawntreader74 dawntreader74 wrote:

i used a old wheel horse blade for my ac large garden tractor' made the frame hook up work because theres a lot of them out there an they will not cost a lot. it's about 4'' foot wide' works good. hope you find one' would be better then any wood.
the wheel horse blades fit the smaller ACs? the one im talking about is a 712H model.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seth Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 11:40am
I think me and a buddy are gonna dig threw every thing we can find at the local NH dealer today, if we don't find any thing I plan on trying to get to work on it Monday.

ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 12:13pm
Fastenal is a chain of retail stores that sells specialty hardware:

They also offer shipping services. I'm thinking it would be under $100 to ship the blade from Oklahoma.

Edited by ACmowerguy - 09 Feb 2014 at 12:14pm
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
Larry Miller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 4:48pm
I used a 4x4 bottom and 2x4s for brace  with 3/4 plywood and angle iron for bottom skid 8 foot wide for a 720 - I just bolted it to the original blade to get angle and hyd lift. Easy push up to 8" snow if you have weight on back. I would go 6' wide for your tractor. 

I used to be young and stupid, now I am not young anymore.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seth Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 9:46pm
ok so one last question for you guys. What would you use of these 2 itams for a blade. Dure plate or wood?

SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 12:42pm
use the tailgate off ethan's pickup!
Ethan Souerdike View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethan Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 9:32pm
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seth Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 10:38am
Originally posted by SHAMELESS SHAMELESS wrote:

use the tailgate off ethan's pickup!
mmmm that gives me a idea

rdmanone View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdmanone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 10:57am
Use wood with some angle iron for the skid. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic