This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A little fun in the snow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A little fun in the snow
    Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 4:37pm
Took off work early and played in the snow today.

Had too many vehicles in the drive to do much plowing on the concrete.

I managed to clear off about 70-100 ft of the gravel drive out to the main hwy. There is a long hill going back to our neighbors homes and its several hundred feet long. I managed to get down the hill but only about halfway back up before I spun out on the ice still remaining from the previous storm. Probably would have been fine if I had chains on it.

I really like the styling and lines of these tractors. This one has seen a hard life with its share of surface rust. The paint has been cleaned up in spots with steel wool and the chrome has been polished with rubbing compound. This fall I changed the oil in the rear axle and waxed the whole thing. Also put on the new seat. (yes its not the correct type)I like it just the way it is with the rusty patina Smile 

10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
Sponsored Links

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 4:53pm
Looks about like mine.  I need to get some pictures/video when I push tonights storm.  Never knew pushing snow could be fun till I got my 110 and 46" trip blade. Adjusting the blade form the seat is just awesome and it is amazing what these little things can push.
AaronSEIA
ctbowles58 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctbowles58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 5:48pm
How wide is your blade Chris? looks like you are getting along good without chains.
190XT 2WD45 WF D15 D14 CA BIG10 302 & 303 bailers 77G rake 80R mower 6 plows and alot more
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 6:10pm
Tom, its a standard 42" dozer. It gets along a lot better than the 46 since it doesn't put so much weight on the front end.  
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 7:02pm
I'll give you that.  The 46 is heavy.  I have a 42 but haven't used it in snow.  I have to fight my SC blade on my WD to change angles.  The 46 with the from the seat changing is just too neat to not use.  Hopefully next year I have triple ribs and maybe some chains up front on mine.  I think if I had the hight pads set to hold the blade up a bit it'd steer better with it down.  Sadly, I snapped off the bolts on one side, so I just left the blade all the way down.  After a couple months, my left arm is wore out from pulling that monster up, so I tied a couple of cinder blocks to the rear lift.  She's balance about perfect now.  Will try to get some pics and maybe a video of mine tomorrow.
AaronSEIA
Ethan Souerdike View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethan Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 8:02pm
nice pics
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
Seth Souerdike View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seth Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 9:02pm
great pics. I envy you im still trying to find a blade :(
There are no atheist in foxholes.

macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 11:27pm
Cool pix. Those ag tires on the rear really look tough!  I have a B-207 that I only use the mower on once in a while.  Like yours, not perfect, but cleaned up, shined the chrome, got rid of some of the rust, and took care of some delayed maintenance after I purchased it.  Have a snow blower for it, but this little one will never see snow, if I can help it!
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 12:58am
that looks like fun!
rdmanone View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdmanone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 11:34am
Great pics.  Looks like taking off work was a good idea. Smile
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 6:27am
Great "working" pics! Yeah, sometimes you need to take off from work and stay home and play. I call it "therapy". Does the mind & body good...  Thumbs Up Coarse, when you have a bunch of L&G's to play with, that's called "group therapy"....  Big smile
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 11:56am
Thanks guys. It was lots of fun that daySmile 
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 5:03am
With the chrome grill, maybe AC should have named it B21. She looks mean and ready for a fight.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic