This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

no spark

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: no spark
    Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 2:47am
ok this may be long winded but here goes. i have a b 12 that has no spark, was that way when i got it, so i put a new coil, plug, points and condencer in it. i also hard wired it insted of using the insilated lug, i cleaned up the magnets on the flywheel set both points and coil gaps per manual put it back together and still nothing, i did disconect the key switch( if i rember it just grounds it to kill spark) and still nothing, so i pulled the motor again to check the coil gap, and noticed this time there was writing on the coil that you could hardly read that said this side out, so i thought mabey i had it on wrong so i switched it around and still nothing, so im stumped. so anyone have any thoughts or sugestions? i have thought now about going to an external coil but will have to resurch that, thanks
1950 wd wide front w loader
1940 b, 1939 m crawler
Sponsored Links

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 7:50am
I've read more than once of a new condenser being bad out of the box.  Might also want to roll the engine over and make sure the point plunger is moving.  Another option would be a Nova or Mega Fire solid state setup.  Around $12 on eBay and no more points.  You can mount it in the points box and no one will ever know.  I suppose it's possible your coil or plug wire is bad too.
AaronSEIA
littlemarv View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlemarv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 8:08am
Once when I installed the points I got the retainer for the plunger boot out of place and it grounded the points, so no spark.

Something to keep in mind.......
The mechanic always wins.

B91131, WC23065, WD89101, CA29479, B1, Early B10, HB212, 416H
wildbill26 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 9:34am
little marve i will check that, aaron its one of those mag coils with the plug wire built into it,the plunger is working, how dose the solid state setup work? do you still need an external coil? thanks

Edited by wildbill26 - 19 Jan 2014 at 9:49am
1940 b, 1939 m crawler
wildbill26 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 9:47am
i found the mega fire on ebay i see how it works now
1940 b, 1939 m crawler
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 1:37pm
did you get any thing oily onthe points surface what part # mag did you use
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic