This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Start up pulling engine been sitting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Start up pulling engine been sitting
    Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 11:26pm
Hello again

I have a 7080 engine built for my D 21 that has been sitting for 3 years. Going to start sometime next week. Is there any sequence I should take like squirting oil down the head into the pistons and rolling over by hand before I start it up?

Water has been drained all this time. Has a big electric fuel delivery system on it also. Has a Bosch 397 A pump on it also.

Thanks in advanced, Darryl

P.S. Tractor will be for sale at the GOTO here.
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
Sponsored Links

Peterson View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 9:37am
You could squirt some oil into the pistons, but not alot. Also i would crank it over for a couple minutes without the fuel on so you can reprime the oil system.

Id really like to see some pics of the machine too! Sounds like a fun tractor!
7095-685I at 255hp, 8070-225HP,8050-210Hp,8030 with 155HP,220 with 670T engine with A-pump, 7580, 185 with 140HP, 2-6080's,6070, S4 D17,wd45,CA,st34 agco, S1 D17 with 3500MK2
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 8:12pm
Well, if you're going to squirt oil in on top of pistons (I sure wouldn't) you'll have to remove the injectors. Leave them out and crank the engine (with a battery charger connected) until oil pressure light goes out and then reinstall injectors.  Remember, squirting oil into a diesel cylinder will probably get most of the oil in the piston bowl. What good will that do ??
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 11:05am

I would take the time to supply some pressurised oil to the bearings valves etc. before turning it over .

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 1:28pm
be very cautious that the rack in the pump is not stuck wide open. You can take the side cover off of an "A" pump and watch the control sleeves move when you pull and release the shut-off lever. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic