This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Removed the hand clutch! took PICS!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removed the hand clutch! took PICS!
    Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 7:39am
I supported the tractor on each side with two braces with adjusters to help stabilize the tractor.
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
Sponsored Links

cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 7:55am
  This is no big deal. I built some simple stands to bolt to the frame to help stabilize the tractor when it was split. I used 10" bolts in the frame to allow for enough roll apart room but again keeping it stable. Remove the clutch pack, remove PTO gear, Grind off lip on both gears, put the gears in and roll back togather. Without removing the frame rail on the right side the only way to remove shifting fork and shaft is by cutting it off little at a time as it comes out. There was no suprizes, just as it was told on here. THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!!!!
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
WCCLASON View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WCCLASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 8:06am
Great job...I'm sure you will be happy with it now.
firephight View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firephight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 8:49am
So you reused the pto gear?
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 11:17am
thats the way to do one.   I just used all thread in the rear to roll the rear back enough to remove . 
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 11:56am
Yes, reuse the original, and get another gear to turn around and bolt together.
Juiceman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juiceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 6:17pm
Sorry i know this is old, but i have the tractor torn down now and don't feel like paying for new transmission clutch discs for them to slip as soon as i get in to heavy of a class. Lol I have the engine and bell housing out, and right frame rail removed (looking from back seat of tractor). Could i pull the torque tube from the front of the transmission and do this same process? And is there any welding involved? Thanks.
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 6:36am
I guess you could go either way. You just have to seperate it enough to remove the clutch assembly. Grind your gears smooth, for the mateing surfaces, install on shaft, roll together, bolt the two gears together. No welding required. You will want expansion plugs to put where shaft once was.
  Something else to think of.... You might want to replace the bearings that are in and around that compartment. I would use sealed bearings, then there would be no use for oil there, one less leak, and will have lightened it a bit more.
mattb View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 10:44am
you shoulda go t rid of the housing too saves over 100 pds put a cover over the frame rails and nobody will know
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 12:14pm
Many Antique clubs would not allow it and will know when you make 3000 lbs.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 7:24pm
http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/uploads/1536/hand_clutch_removal5.jpga

a

a
http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/uploads/1536/hand_clutch_removalx1.jpg
a
http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/uploads/1536/hand_clutch_gone.jpg
a
http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/uploads/1536/hand_clutch_removal7.jpg

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 31 Jan 2014 at 7:25pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
JM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 7:06pm
If the wet clutch is in good shape, will it still slip under hard load? We work ours hard since 1956 and never had a problem with slip unless wore out. Replace it several times over the years.
Or is the slip ever so slight you don't notice unless your competing?
I amsetting my 45 up for pulling soon, should I remove it?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 7:43pm

Not unless your power gets over 60 HP.

XT in pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XT in pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 7:46pm
Now how bout a 17 mine is rebuilt with real good plates and ramps welded up. We also shimmed it tight ??
190XT,D17and 7045
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 7:57pm
Properly adjusted D-17 hand clutch will take 100 HP fairly easy.....the foot clutch won't without some changes.
XT in pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XT in pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 8:11pm
Isn't there more surface area on the hand clutch than the foot clutch. I'm goin to be over 100 hp
190XT,D17and 7045
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic