This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

All-Crop 40 Wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All-Crop 40 Wanted
    Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 9:24pm
Need to locate an all-crop 40, most anywhere in US.

Couldnt find anything on yazallcrop.com; what a worthless site! ;)
Sponsored Links

willard View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 9:54pm
I know of two in the tree line. They look complete to me, This would be in southeast Nebraska, just west of Lincoln.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:13pm
Stuff weathers pretty good out there doesn't it? It'd be a pile of rust in Illinois.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:14pm
That really is funny Tom!
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 5:14am
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

That really is funny Tom!
Well let me tell 'ya, when the new site is up, that statement wont be a joke!
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 5:14am
Willard, you have mail.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 6:20am
Here's one in SD.
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Rawleigh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rawleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 8:12am
Tom:  Maybe you can make them self propelled like the one in SD!  It would be easy with hydrostatics!!  LOL!!
SCPAAndy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCPAAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:20am
One in ex shape in scpa
dhexom View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhexom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:20am
How do you open up the picture ?
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:43am
Originally posted by SCPAAndy SCPAAndy wrote:

One in ex shape in scpa
For sale by you? Details?

Tom
SCPAAndy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCPAAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 10:23am
I have a 40 combine w bagger option. Always shed kept no rust or dents everything is always for sale
Matt (NEIA) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (NEIA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 10:55am
how much?
1955 WD-45 with factory PS
SCPAAndy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCPAAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 11:08am
$2500
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 11:33am
Originally posted by SCPAAndy SCPAAndy wrote:

$2500

Would like to check it out. Is the tank still available?
SCPAAndy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCPAAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 1:21pm
This 40 came from factory with the bagger instead of a grain tank which is why they are rare bc if the farmer was small enough to be running a 40 he didn't have the extra help to run the bagger.
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 1:46pm
Some farmers just did not want to invest in the equip to handle bulk grain, it was easier just to put your boy on the bagger and pick up the bags with a wagon.

I grew up on the bagger of a 60, and also have a factory bagger 40 here in PA.
BrettPhillips View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrettPhillips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 2:19pm
Believe it or not, a bagger machine will get the job done much faster than the same size machine with a bin.  As long as you have plenty of bags, twine, gas, and willing hands, there is no reason to pull the header out of the grain.  This was the original "unloading on the fly".  The 40 is capable of harvesting an acre in an hour under good conditions, as long as you don't stop.
SCPAAndy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCPAAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 5:48pm
i wouldnt farm much if i had to bale small squares and bag grain on the go.... but they didnt grow the yields in the old days as much either
dustinmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustinmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 11:16pm
If you buy it I have an extra tank on a 40 parts combine I would sell you
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 5:22am
Originally posted by dustinmo dustinmo wrote:

If you buy it I have an extra tank on a 40 parts combine I would sell you
Dustin,
Looks like I will buy it. Will know for sure this weekend. Yes would like a tank.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic