This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for experience and opinions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idaho2+2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for experience and opinions
    Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:50pm
Hey all, I am new to the forum but I have read this forum for a while in search of input on AC tractors and such. I currently run IH but have always respected AC. I am currently looking to pick up another 130+ (prefer 150+) mfwd tractor to add to my line up and take over pulling my 3x4 new holland BB960 baler around through the season. Currently I am using my 3388 2+2 and the trans isn't the most user friendly, especially pulling a big baler. I have been looking for an 8050-8070 AC tractor with the powershift preferably. I was hoping you guys had some input on what to keep an eye out for, common issues, would you consider that a good upgrade? I have heard the 8070's didn't have as long of an engine life as the 8050 due to higher fuel settings?

I have also found some reasonably priced, low houred 9130-9150-9170 Deutz-Allis MFWD tractors with the Air cooled Deutz's in them. Does anyone have any experience or comments on these Deutz-Allis machines and air cooled engines? Some of the machines I have found are priced in the same ball park with the nicer 8050 AC tractors So which would you prefer?

Looking forward to your responses and thanks for everyone being so informative here. From everything I have read, there is much that can be learned from all of you.

Sponsored Links

Spud View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 2:11pm
We have some smaller Deutz Allis's but nothing as big as the 9100's.  I have heard they are a good machine.  It is basically a White tractor with a Deutz engine.  The transmission is a 6 speed manual with an over/direct/under power shift.  If you want a full powershift, you would have to go to a 9600 series.
orangepower View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 7:14pm

I have experiance with a 9150 very good tractor, in the 8 years we have ran ours we haven't had no problem, I have never used it with pto equipment , we use ours for a planter tractor , pull a 24' no till drill. these tractors are very fuel efficient, they have a small cid engine I think a 368 cu.

idaho2+2 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idaho2+2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 7:26pm
Have you had any issues  with the transmission at all with the deutz? I have heard that they are really dependable and fuel efficient. The only one comment I ever saw bad was someone saying the clutch and powershift part of the trans was bad but didn't know whether there was any merit for his comment or not. Obviously he didn't have the best of luck with one. But some people have bad luck with anything that isn't a brand new JD. This guy struck me as that type when he talked. The 9150 looks like it has a long wheel base, how is the turning radius with MFWD? they look like a long wheel base but the literature says they have a 50 degree turning angle. Which to my knowledge of MFWD is fairly tight compared to a few others.
DeanSWMO View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeanSWMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 8:32pm
We have been using an 8030 for the last four years on our 605 Vermeer baler. Get along great. Really like the powershift when baling. Only problems we have had is keeping the A/C blowing cold air.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic