This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ten years as a partsman!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ten years as a partsman!
    Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 10:49pm
Cant believe it, but tomorrow(the 20th) will be my 10th anniversary of being a parts man at the local A-C, New Holland dealership.  It has gone by in a blink of an eye!  I have had the opportunity to talk to many of you through this job as well as finding some interesting parts sitting on the shelves around the country.

I am still working the counter and also moving into selling as well.  

Thanks for all of the business and heres hoping for ten more years!

Jim
Sponsored Links

GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 10:51pm
Congratulations Jim.  You would not be where you are if you were not as good as you are at what you do.

THANKS for all the help over the last few years!
orangereborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangereborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 12:09am
Congratulations Jim.  Hang in there.  Your our inside source.  :)  Dale
bigallis1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigallis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 6:04am
Congratulations Jim. I hope the ag business gives you many more good years both in parts and sales.
Jim Hanna.........
Armand(AZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 6:52am
Wow Jim, that long already!!!   I remember stopping in when you were just starting there and you found some spindle bushings for the widefront I was rebuilding for my C.
Congratulations!!   Tell your folks Hello for us.    Armand  
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 6:57am
Congratulations Jim. Keep up the good work. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Eric[IL] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric[IL] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 6:58am
A good partsman is a necessity.  keep up the good work! 
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 6:59am
What is the dumbest question anyone ever asked you? I was a parts man at a Honda motorcycle dealership in the 70's. A kid asked for a powerband like in his buddy's bike. Another said he needed about 150 pounds of compression. TRUE!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Joe/NC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 7:19am
Congrats Jim! Thanks for your service to mankind and agriculture.
Byron WC in SW Wi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byron WC in SW Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 8:24am
Congratulations Jim!  Here's to ten more.   How's a nice honest guy like you going to be in equipment sales?  I guess most of the tractor salesmen I've met were nice.
Burgie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 8:36am
Jim, Been there and done that. Worked for Hunley Sales & Service for 13 years. Sometimes it is a trying job. Back then it was card files. Now with computers it must be easyer. Mircofich was not as good as the old parts books,for as I`m concernd.The programs that they have nowdays are awsome. Keep up the good work and remember,it is not your fault for the prices.
"Burgie"
Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 9:38am
 Congratulations from here too Jim, time flies when you like what you are doing. Now then 10 years should mean more vacation time, so........Harvey
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 12:43pm
Congrats Jim and thanks for your help in the past!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Brian IA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian IA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 3:34pm
Wow where does the time go?

Like my grandpa said "it is h$ll getting old"
Brian Lindsay
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 5:14pm
Hey Jimmah!
Congrats! Many More!
You saved my bacon on more than a few occasions!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic