This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Loader on a 170

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurtDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loader on a 170
    Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 6:30pm
What allis loader would have been on a 170? I was told it was a 460. What are the differences between a 400, 460 and a 500 series loader.
Sponsored Links

SCPAAndy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCPAAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 7:23pm

They can be interchanged to fit many different series of tractors easily and i'm not sure of the specs off the top of my head however the 400 series loaders aren't quite as long of a loader as the 500 series.  I have a 460 loader w/ subframe that has never been mounted if you are interested.

Ira View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 7:26pm
Hey Kurt,where in Delaware are you.I am in Gumboro on the southern end.I have a 400 on my 170.It came off a D15 I am told.It had to lengthed to fit but works great.
KurtDE View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurtDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 9:56pm

Ira, We live just north of Middletown. Just purchased a 170 with a loader and trying to figure if this would fit my D15. Is the sub frame width the same on the d15 as the 170??

Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 8:01am
I have a 517 on my 170, it's nice but a little hard to see over.
Ira View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 6:27pm
Yes,the width on a 400 loader is the same,just the length is different.Nice to hear from someone else in Delaware using "Orange Power"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic