This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8 to 9 Bolt adapters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8 to 9 Bolt adapters
    Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 8:19am
Here are my new adapters, thought I would share with you guys.

Edited by cotncrzy - 05 Apr 2013 at 8:18am
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
Sponsored Links

WCCLASON View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WCCLASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 8:36am
Looks great!
BennyLumpkin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:27am
Wow....fancy
Central PA Allis Express
1934 WC254
1945 WF
1945 WC135755
1951 WD68085
1953 WD45-150217
1957 WD45D-230744D
B110
2wise4agm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2wise4agm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 12:42pm
Nice!!
Breeze View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 2:53pm

Edited by Breeze - 04 Apr 2013 at 2:54pm
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 6:57pm
Those are very nice. What do they weigh?? How thick was the material you started with?
bmartin55 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmartin55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 11:30pm
hi breez.. what a set of thoes 8 to 9 cost too have a set made..im doing a wd ..contact me please..thanks  bob
Breeze View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 7:03am
Bob those belong to Cotncrzy, the Tenn guy that started this thread.  I only re-sized the pics so they would fit the page for easier viewing.
WCCLASON View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WCCLASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 7:55am
I asked him the same thing on his Facebook page. They are alum. plus I use to be a machinist and know the price material and he would be ashamed to tell me.... but they are really light!.....Just like his back pocket after paying for them....And he even had a good friend do them for him.
But Damn they look good.....
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 8:16am
Ok guys, you all know the price of the material it seems, it was 1 3/8" thick. The studs, nuts and mounting bolts were $125. I have a lot of labor to swap out. I called him up this morning, a set will cost you $500 without any hardware...  I guess I paid to much but the weigh 10 pounds or so, it didn't take forever to get them. This is a very busy time of the year for me, I didn't have much time to spare. The new tires changed everything about the hitch, and wheelie bars. I had to do this quick because the pull is Saturday. Just so there is no grey area, the material cost me $160.
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
WCCLASON View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WCCLASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 8:54am
I wasn't try to stir the pot...I love them! I completely understand being busy too.... I'm still trying to finish my tractor to and I am putting 38's on and still have to build some kind of a hitch and weight brackets for rear and mid yet. So I wasn't putting them down in any way...I will say they are the BEST set I have ever seen! Better made than my steel ones I have by far just by design! Mine are thinner and I have to have a special tapperd head bolt to bolt them to my WD and then I had to make short lug bolt and they only have a 1/2 of thread on them.. So yours are also well designed! I might have to make a set of my own....
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 9:03am
  Thanks, no offence taken. Sometimes the "easy button" cost extra. I am satisified with them. I designed them for good resale value, this is an experiment. They should work with aluminum wheels also. If the big tires dont work out Saturday, the tires will be for sale, might hang on to the adapters, I know there will be money lost there. Good designs sell better sometimes, and some people just don't care as long as they work. 
mattb View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 9:17am
i made mine out of half inch steel. half inch bolts fit tight in original axel holes from the backside bolt plate to axel then bolt wheel to plate wish i could find some pics of them.
WCCLASON View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WCCLASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 9:24am
I've noticed that to.....as long as they work....why pay so much for them is what alot of people say but safety and well designed adapter are hared to come by and they will last a long time
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 7:18pm
Don't worry what they cost. They are well done!!

I'm cheap when it comes to the old Allis.... so I probably spent $1000 on free tires. $225 for a different set of rims, a nice pair to swap some tires on used as duals for a seeding tractor so I could use the beat up set for thw Wd45. $375 for tire swapping and new tubes. Then $100 at the sandblasting shop to blast all the rims. $80 for 8 hole repair centers. Lots of my time to cut and weld. $75 in welding, grinding shop supplies and paint.

I could have thrown material in the mill and made a set...... in way less time and bought a nice set of rims and tires for what it costs to mess around.

Edited by wi50 - 05 Apr 2013 at 7:21pm
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 10:07am
Nice looking adapters i have a set of steel that i priced to him for 500 with hardware. Before he had those made.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 7:38pm
heres a pic of the steel ones i have  that i described in detail to cotncrazy when he called me its obvious he got the picture of how to fabricate them from my detailed description.
/s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/tractor%20parts/pics136.jpg.html][/URL]
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 7:52pm
You got the detailed part wrong. Cotton's look awesome. Yours look like crap.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 7:55pm
we know you like things shiny. that has been established along time back 
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 8:08pm
No, shiney don't matter. But the skill level differences of some of the forum members does.

How's the pulling season treating Hankey Pankey and Spankey machine with your 5 specially trained immaginary machinists?
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 8:11pm
If you qout drinkin the shine you may hold the torch steady enough to cut the holes somewhat round and of the same size.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 11:45am
why would i want to do that?  ctncrazy how did the tires do at the pull for ya

Edited by mlpankey - 27 Apr 2013 at 11:46am
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

No, shiney don't matter. But the skill level differences of some of the forum members does.

How's the pulling season treating Hanky Pankey and Spanky machine with your 5 specially trained imaginary machinists?
if you notice we've been busy with the season dirt track , drag racing and pulling engines coming in for refreshing. ps the 9 bolt  wheel is the wheel with the holes the adapter is behind the wheel with holes attaching the 9 bolt wheel to the 8 bolt allis axle flange . 

Edited by mlpankey - 27 Apr 2013 at 11:54am
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 7:21am
Just fine Pankey, we pulled in the 3500 A, 3750 O, and the 4000 A. Got 1st in all three. It did load the mule, but still spun out. I imagine we will stick to the lighter classes. I like that anyway, not near as tired when we finish pulling. If weather permits we will go again Saturday.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic