This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Approx wd hp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kniesshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Approx wd hp
    Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 11:27am
Not looking for exact numbers...just approxamate...what would a wd block stroked to 5.5 and bored to 4.5 in. dyno? Would it break 100 or just below...just trying to get a feel of how much to go...b nice to have 100hp:)
Sponsored Links

Mrgoodwrench View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrgoodwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 11:29am
 ay it would depend heavily on cam, carb and RPM...100 sounds doably though...but i can't wait to here what the experts say!
There are 3 ways to do job GOOD, FAST, CHEAP. YOU MAY CHOOSE 2. If its FAST & CHEAP it won't be GOOD, if it's GOOD & CHEAP it won't be FAST, and if its GOOD & FAST it won't be CHEAP!!!!
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 3:29pm

350 inches depends on build but 100 is possible

kniesshy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kniesshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 7:02pm
thnks! So 100 is pushin it?
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 9:48am
a 320 cid can make over 100. It takes a good head and related parts from someone who knows what they're doing.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 10:02am
I think it would be wise to consider the RPM that you can make the 100 HP at. To achieve 100 PTO HP at 1400 engine RPM is considerably more difficult than at 2,000 engine RPM.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 12:27pm
Coronett has some at 350 inches that i have never seen on the dyno but the one i am thinking of pulled like it would at least when it was on the bottle like marty wc is pictured.nitrous pills come rated in hp
They are alot to be said by a person who decides to use crankshaft stroke to help the breathing of a cylinder head that has a real effecient exhaust port by its design . hint

Edited by mlpankey - 10 Mar 2013 at 1:16pm
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 4:08pm
Mitch, do you talk with your mouth full too. Every time I read your posts, I read it 2 or 3 times and hear the same thing. Homer Simpson with his mouth full. Try and type one complete sentence at a time expressing what you have in mind, if at all possible. Just a thoughtWacko
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 8:17pm
Har,har!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic