This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

super stock parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: super stock parts
    Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 8:26pm

Share a few pics of parts for our new engine.  Time to upgrade the super stock tractor over this winter.  I'll get to work on the chassis in a couple more weeks but here's a few of some of the engine parts laying around.

505 cid, inline valve, pushrod engine.  NTPA, WTPA, 6200 lb LSS class.

Valve from small block Chevy on the left, valve from the ss and pic of cam lobe
Jesel rocker arms and intake runners
intake port, pic is upside down
combustion chamber

I've got a little work to do on the head, it comes set up for a slightly smaller bore than we run so I can unshroud the valves just a little bit, as well as cut some valve angles and radius the valve edges yet.  I'll put it on the flow bench soon and pull some tests.....

I'll post more pics as time goes on

Edited by wi50 - 13 Nov 2012 at 8:33pm
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Sponsored Links

Unstylish View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unstylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 9:05pm
THE PROFESSIONAL WEEGIE!  Parts look awsome!
Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 9:38pm
Looking good Marty, looks expensive too! Ill have to swing up sometime soon.

Carl
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 5:05am

Thats good looken parts Marty.

Orange Blood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Blood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 8:15am
Okay, I'll bite.  How does that rod jump on the crank.  Looks like a one piece???
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 12:10pm
you say the head comes oriented for a sl;ightly smaller bore and you have some work to do to it  so who manufactured the head?
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 1:26pm
Hey orange blood . If I'm correct wi50 not done with rods yet. Need to be cut and studded then milled for final measurements. I am a big fan of that Indy head. Just need to rob a bank. I'll order 2 . Lol.
Allis fan for life !   B,C,2-WC'S,WD45G,D19G,190xt ,LLSS 8010, terra tiger refurbished
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 3:11pm
The rods have a parting line, caps are serated.  Just can't see it in the picture.  Call GMS and order a set...just that easy, and for the price they are a bargin.

I'm makeing a set of rods for one of my Allis projects.  4140 pre hard material to start with and the first thing I make is the cap and cut the cap angle on the billet, put holes in and fasten the cap to the rod.  I'm useing a hollow dowl pin around the rod bolts for cap to rod allignment.  Then put the rod bores in each end, cut the profile and relieve the rod.  I'll post up some pictures sometime as the project progresses.  Probably in the next week or two.  But I better get after some cylinder head and manifold projects for some engines heading to the Gordyville pull.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Larry W. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 3:12pm
Looks to be a Indy head unless Marty says otherwise. Orangblood, it looks to be angle cap style rods, I think you just cant see the bolts.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 3:15pm
The Indy is not all that bad of a deal, and fairley quick.  I called, sent a check and in a few weeks my friend picked it up.  I looked into a Bamber and a Blackburn.... I think once you get to a certain point, it really doesn't matter.  Miss the drawbar setup by a half inch or a half pound in the tires and you're out of the money weather you show up with 2800 hp or 3500 hp.

I just filled out my NTPA license application again and sent in.  This year it's mandatory to fill out a biography.  One of the questions is "what are your pulling goals?"

I replied "to stay upright and concious"

I'm makeing a head for a totally different application for a customer, port work, testing, digitizeing, hireing a pattern maker, it all makes the Indy billet head look cheap.

Edited by wi50 - 16 Nov 2012 at 3:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic