This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"IT" has arrived!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "IT" has arrived!!
    Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 4:44pm
Now it just has to perform!!  And yes I know it has less volume than the stock new but has to be more than the old unit.

Edited by DMiller - 15 Oct 2012 at 4:46pm
Sponsored Links

orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 7:36pm
Wow- glad it finally came through!  Good luck with it DMiller!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 7:55pm
YEP... Need to get that dozer back in the field !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 8:00pm
Headed to the farm in the morning, get this little beast back together, clean up a few odds and ends then back inside the shed where I can have a roof and heater to work by as needed!
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 11:26pm
All the best, hope it works ok. Should do being a new one.
original small barnes pumps must have worked ok when new. problems must have occured as they got older and worn. You,ll have to try not to wear it out !!  lol.
Also those newer pumps appeared around a similar time when they changed from hydreco to cessna steering valves.
M
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 1:57pm
Oh my, amazing how a machine responds when the pump delivers as it should.  Steers so easy, no heavy foot for the brake, and it will start to drift as I pull the release levers for either direction, just awesome!! 

Next step, reconfigure the cab guard to actually work, a few odd jobs around the barn lot and then to try a little more challenge to it, locust trees.

Will post a photo or two as to the installation later, and maybe derive a youtube vid of the old gal working.
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 8:31am
i would love to see a youtube video of a hd7g working
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 8:10pm
This is as noted by our down under friends the least likely spot to situate a tempermental hydraulics pump.

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 8:13pm
And yes, I know I am due to replace a few fuel lines, wanted steering confirmed done first.  Also on the agenda is the replacement cab guard.  Even as I do like the old gal stripped back.
Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 8:36pm
Dave - good deal! Glad not only  that you got it going but that it works good too!  Keep posting!  Mike
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
EricPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 10:35am
Originally posted by michale34 michale34 wrote:

i would love to see a youtube video of a hd7g working
I would love to see a video of him standing on his head to install it!LOL
Life is tough,but it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 3:47pm
Good to hear its going ok dave. See shes got a 4 in 1 bucket. first AC loader ive seen with one. Was it a standard AC factory attachment or aftermarket one ?
essential on a track loader in my opinion, makes them twice the machine.
cheers merv
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 8:15pm
Bucket is aftermarket, Ulrich Mfg, Roanoke Illinois, long since gone, kind of an odd affair as to how it functions as cylinders compress to open and expand to close.  Lots of moving parts along with at least a ton block of iron on the rear! Top photo is a older on.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 4:43am
The standing on my head was easy compared to the extra elbow I had to grow to get the lower bolts in around the frame, suction tube, engine block and hydraulic feed hoses, all that while skating on old barn tin covering the fresh cow pies(the renter had turned his animals onto that section of pasture where the steering quit).  At least that side of the engine/frame and belly pan have beed rubbed clean!!

I am not the young man I once was, I am actually two of them by weight!!  I grew a little since the days I did this kind of work for a living, hands are 3xl, reach is 36", weight is a lot more than I used to push around at 280 on a good day, around 20st for you southern fellas and uncle Arthir(arthritis) has settled in pretty well everywhere!  I do manage to get along with most of it, only dropped the last bolt five times but do have a magnet tool.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 4:49am
Hey DMiller:  That is an excellent side photo of the 7G.  I see they upgraded with a second upper track support roller over the 6G design.  Looks to be a really nice machine.  I can see why so much effort went into finding the pump.  

Glad to see you are back in action.  Keep up the Good Work!!! Orangeman
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 3:49pm
Good tidy looking machine Dave. And looks like a well built and designed bucket.. 4 in 1 is great for doing many jobs. Hopefully now you get to spend some time working with her; not inside and under her !
cheers merv
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 7:59pm
Thanks Merv, bucket is square and does dig well, still trying to get used to 'dozer' aspect of a 4 in 1 and using it as a clamshell to load materials.  Will see how well she does tomorrow, have a day off and a lot to get done yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic