This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harvesting with Orange

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 9:01pm
Sponsored Links

JOHN N/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHN N/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 9:05pm
Thats looks like fun but i bet it still takes a lot of work.Are you the one with the nice 8050"s.
D-15IIG65,D-17IVG67,D-17D58,620
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 9:17pm
Nice pic's Jason.
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 10:00pm
We have two 8070s that are pretty nice. One power shift and one power director. Fun to plow with 
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 12:39am
which one is you?
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 12:40am
i had a sheller..just like that one!
JPG AUSTRALIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPG AUSTRALIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 2:45am
Thanks for the great pics,nice to see a neat farm running old school iron, and well kept gear at that.Also great to see farming on the other side of the world.Keep on farming D power.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 7:53am
I worked behind a JD#6 corn sheller for a whole summer in 1978.  Hardest, dirtiest, and best work I ever did.
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 8:24am
The big ugly guy unloading the wooden wagon is me. A dirty job it is and i am sure there are few younger guys out there that can even put a drag feeder together lol.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 8:33am
We used a belt drag with a hydraulic orbit motor.  It helped a bunch when you were getting toward the end and wanted to clean up.  Had to be careful though when starting out or you could load it too heavy and it would slip.
Always seemed to me to be much easier to fill the crib than to shell it out (unless you had a long crib and had to climb upstairs to move the spout several times).
Very nice pictures of good looking AC equipment.
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 8:51am
We use a homemade ear corn auger. Works great.
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 9:09am
I sure wish that there were more farmers like you out there instead of the megafarms that seem to be the rule around here.It would certainly help my repair business.
Dennis(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 9:30am
Great pictures, Thanks for posting.  My Uncle had a MM corn sheller and he did custom shelling also.  That was many years ago.  I grew up north west of Schuyler, NE. not far from you.   Was that corn irrigated (good ears for a dry year)?  Really love your pics.
Dennis
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 10:11am
I must be getting old and grumpy! Having had my hands wrapped around a number 14 steel scoop shovel in my very early years(1951-52, 10-11 years old), until we got the first Case 600 Combine in 1967, it just looks like work to me! We had about 4 neighbors that swapped help shelling and baling, and did have fun together, a lotta joking, telling tall tales, pulling outrageous pranks on the unsuspecting, etc. But bottom line, it was a lot of hard, dirty work!
I guess that is why I loved my 78 LII so much! It was so nice to sit in the air-conditioned cab, and just drive, and watch the acres melt away. All the time knowing that the hardest thing I had to do was climb the steps up or down, and stay awake after eating too much at meal time.
Incidently, the shellers around this part of the Hoosier were all JD's mounted mostly Ford truck chasis'. And that was about the only Deere stuff you saw except for the 490 planters.
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 12:33pm

Thanks guys for the comments. It takes awhile to get it done but it shows the hard work we put in especially when we (dad brother and me) all have full time jobs in town to. Alot of late nights on the farm.

dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 12:34pm
Most of the corn is irrigated which helps alot. Ya schuyler is not far away at all.
michaelwis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 7:48pm
Nice pics Jason ....
WD WD45 DIESEL D 14 D-15 SERIES 2 190XT TERRA TIGER ac allcrop 60   GLEANER F 6060 7040.and attachments for all Proud to be an active farmer
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 12:08am
now Jason...that's just cheatin...usin that auger in the behlin!! and yo is right...you is ugly!!!  but so am i!  lol
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 12:13am
Love the pic of the corn ridin up the elevator!  Brings back memories...
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 8:15am
Shameless I still got to go in there and it don't get the edges lol
acer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 5:10pm
hey do you recycle them corn cobs? or are times not that hard!!LOL
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 1:00pm
Lol nope but a company does come out of Iowa and buys them from us for 5 cents a bushel.
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 1:01pm
And for all you rifle reloaders out there crushed corn cob works great for brass cleaner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic