This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hd5b dozer progress

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hd5b dozer progress
    Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 4:59pm
i am making progress. i got the axle in, track frame and tracks back on but then had a setback. the right steering clutch was very hard to pull back and needed alot of brake to get it to stop. i had noticed last year while running it that i had mice living in it as they came out when i drove it. i thought i had gotten rid of them but i guess not. so, i put it in the shop and started tearing into it. lo and behold, mice were in there. the worst part of the clutch removal was removing the brake pins. neither would come out so the hot wrench took care of them. luckily, they did not get to the center of the clutch, just outside in the compartment but their pee froze up the slide for the throwout bearing and making it hard to pull back. at least i can reuse the clutch and drum. i am making stainless pins to stop the rusting. i will upload pics soon.
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
Sponsored Links

dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 5:14pm
here are some pics
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 5:17pm
still trying to figure out the multiple pic thing.  :)
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 5:18pm
one more. still can not figure out how to comment on each pic.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 10:31am
Seems the dang mice make a mess of everything , as the 3/4' hole for the case drain is on the bottom I am unsure of they come through that or come through by the hole into the case for the brake rod. 
 Dang things end up into everything and it doesn't take them long to move in whan something sets for a few days.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 10:35am
i hate them meeses to peeses!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
shanksmare View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanksmare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 1:07pm
So you cut the pin out and pulled the clutch out with the brake band? Mines stuck too so I guess that's my next step.
shanksmare View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanksmare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 2:52pm
I ended up taking the 4 bolts out of the brake band bracket because the brake pins wouldn't come out and have all the clutch bolts out, seems pretty solid to the drive wheels yet, mine didn't look nearly as rusted as yours so why wont it come free?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic