This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

262D head work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 262D head work
    Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 8:35am
I would like to talk to somebody that has done some head work on a 262 diesel for pulling. Like bigger valves.
Please PM me.

Thanks, Bryan
Sponsored Links

Bryan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 11:39am
Is their anything you can do to these heads for more air flow? Surely somebody has done some work to one.
D-17_Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-17_Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 1:10pm
Not a lot to do since this engine uses the power cell design and indirect fuel charge. I'm not saying nothing can't be done but these engines aren't the first choice for pulling by most.
I had good results by increasing the pop pressure of the inj. and pushing the fuel to it. I also increased the torque screw so it would put full fuel into the engine at a higher rpm and ran the timing as high as I could go. It's VERY peppy and has extremely good throttle response.
I've always wondered what this engine would do if you reworked the head without a power cell and went to a more standard direct injection style.
I've also seen some people use a propane injection setup. I can't see as this is any real help as air is what is needed with the available fuel you can give it.
Yea, I can fix that.....
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 6:18pm
I would think that doing even basic intake/exhaust port smoothing and blending would help. More air in and exhaust out can burn more fuel. I remember talking to a guy with a WD45D that produced 65hp on the dyno at Hutchinson several years ago. I remember him telling me that he spent a bunch of time grinding and polishing on the manifolds along with the ports in the head. He had gone so far as to build the manifolds up with brazing rods to make some better turns possible, or so he said.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic