This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD-45 Diesel Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
irlbeck A-C'S View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irlbeck A-C'S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD-45 Diesel Question
    Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 11:59pm
Welcome to the forum. That is good info to know about the tractors going to sweden.  My Dad is over there now. He goes there quite often on business. So far he has found one tractor museum with some A-C  things there. I know he is looking for the color orange or white (snow crawlers)Wink the whole time he is there. Would be nice to find one of those 45's and put on a plane back  over here.   

Edited by irlbeck A-C'S - 17 Aug 2012 at 12:02am
Sponsored Links

R Schmidtt View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Schmidtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 11:16pm
First of all I would like to say that I don't want to speak out of turn as I am new to this forum and don't want to come off to strong. I was employed by Allis as a field engineer and have seen many changes through out the Allis years. Getting back to the original question, Allis did manufacture a WD-45 powered by a 6 cyl Buda gas engine bound for Sweden and Finland. This tractor program was known as "Ren Makt" or "Clean Power" Most of these tractors were powered by the Buda on LP gas but some on straight gasoline. I can not remember the exact numbers produced. The 6 cyl engine was used because of the heavy soil conditions and terrain. Although none of the "Ren Makt" tractor were to be sold here on the US market some may have slipped through the cracks as often happens. Many of the 45 diesels here in the states fell to this vary treatment of being converted to gasoline when problems arose with the diesel engine. As some might already know, the 230 and 262 Buda gas engines began life as a diesel engine and few parts are needed to convert one in either direction. I truly hope this small bit of insight sheds some light on this topic. I a truly honored that I can pass on some of my knowledge to a dedicated bunch of folks and once again be part of the Allis-Chalmers family. Thanks So Much for a great place to be a part of !

Edited by R Schmidtt - 19 Aug 2012 at 12:47pm
Lester View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 11:19am
CII had the 262 gas and AII had 230 gas.
n7gleaner View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7gleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 11:48pm
I have a wd45 with a 6 cylinder Gas 262 out of a A2 combine (Same as d19 gas). The history of it diesel engine blew up in the 70's uncle scraped it put in engine out of a junk A2. Still runs after all these years. Put it on the dyno last year about 65-70 hp.

Here are some Pics of My wd45 6 cylinder Gas and a Pic of my wd45 6 cylinder Diesel

Matt (WI) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 10:52pm
Here is a picture of my 45 diesel that has been converted to gas. Hope you like it !
mark-east-tn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark-east-tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 10:30pm
Its possible, Ive seen a buda 6 cyl gas engine that would look identical to the 230 diesel if the head was removed. Ive  got a good friend that has the engine and he told me it was removed from a power unit. By looking at it you would think it was same block only it had one oil filter instead of two and there was a place on it for a fuel pump to bolt to the block to run off the cam the best I recall. Not sure of the cubic inch of the motor but by looked like  it would bolt right in place of the 230 diesel engine.
Matt (WI) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 10:16pm
I read once where Allis converted some diesel 45's over to 6cly gas and shipped them to Sweeden. Has anyone else ever herd of this ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic