This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drive your trailer to site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drive your trailer to site
    Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 9:44pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 9:47pm
Quite a invention for one Italian to move his tracked crawler . Self propelled trailer
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 3:12am
Whats the model and year of that tractor Coke?
M Diesel View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 1:17pm
Pretty nifty. Wish we could see more of the details.
Rawleigh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rawleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:41am
What powers it?  The PTO?
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 12:07pm
Don't know any more on it as it is from Italian tractor site on Face Book that I share some info on over there .. trouble is without Google translate I am lost on Italian.

Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 1:55pm
Looks to have a second steering wheel when on the trailer.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 2:03pm
I saw that too but wasn't certain I wasn't seeing something that was not really there.  Must be how he steers the trailer but how does it all connect??
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 5:05pm
Mactractor,

Not sure of the model.  An uncle got a Fiat with a steering wheel about 1950 as I remember FWIW
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:44pm
I wonder what kind of sound that combo makes, coming, and going!
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 10:53pm
I'm thinkin' he'd pretty much HAVE to be driving it off the PTO, and the second steering wheel probably drops down through a hole in the deck to steering box of some sort.

The one thing I'm seeing, is the hard casters up front... he selected these in order to keep the drive-over clearance, and of course, they're close together to permit tight turning, but I certainly wouldn't want to run that setup on anything shy of a REALLY hard surface, and wouldn't want to run it on anything where there's much of a camber to the road, lest it dumps over sideways.  The rear tires are INSIDE the envelope of the tractor's treads, so the triangle-of-stability is very narrow, and the composite center-of-gravity, while low, is still very high within a very narrow segment of that triangle...

Think he's got brakes?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic