This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

918 AC backhoe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 918 AC backhoe
    Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 5:45pm
This is not mine I know nothing about it.  Listed for sale in Greenfield Iowa, as a diesel hydro for $9900.00 on a lot.  Email me for a phone number. 
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 6:26pm
Same price as they were selling for 20 years back .. 
Big machine  1 1/2 yd bucket  18' hoe and lot of weight on 2WD machine . If one has the room to run it , nothing wrong with machine but not for confined space work. 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 7:04pm
Based on 190 Industrial tractor I believe.  

With dead weight of the hoe cantilevered of the back, would think the finals and axles would have been upsized, but have never been around one.  Anyone know?
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 11:53am

I know my 816 gets stuck easy in sand country. Too much waigh on the back. But it is the best thing since sliced bread, for picking rock. For $9900 I could get a nice Case 580. And have half the trouble of finding parts.  

Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 12:10pm
My 715B is good in sand as well as just about every other thing but mud that is real deep . No problem as it has the axle lock for rear and with that in it climb well, used it for snow plowing many times also where ice would not allow 4WD truck to push snow. 
 It's next to impossible to get stuck with a TLB in many cases as the hoe is also the next thing to drive or move the full unit to stable ground. Have also used the hoe to push oneself up steep grade or to swing full unit into position where one could not drive .  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 8:18pm

Is the axle lock a after markert part

Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 11:04pm
No was standard on the 715B , small button lever under seat on floorboard , step down and it locked both rear wheels  to drive . You had to hold it in for when taking foot off it unlocked.

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 14 Apr 2012 at 11:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic