This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ACC40 transmission and hydraulics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razorsharp15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ACC40 transmission and hydraulics
    Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 10:23pm
Finally figured out that I have an ACC40 (thanks to forum members) and have a few questions for the A/C gurus: When I use the sideshift or fork tilt, or for that matter turn the wheels all the way to one side, I can kill the engine. Raising and lowering the forks does NOT hardly change the RPM level at all and works fine. Is my carburetor setting off, motor tired, hydraulics having an issue? Revving it up quite a bit helps but I can literally drag it to stall and if I try to use to functions at once, it'll stop the motor regardless. And I have the transmission filled to the full mark (when running) and it has very little initial torque to pull away, especially if I am trying to pull the forks out from under something such as a hot tub. I seem to have low power in general. The forklift doesn't like starting at all when cold and doesn't seem to have any sort of choke circuit. I've no idea how to tune an LPG carb and have only changed the oil and plugs so far
Sponsored Links

D-17_Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-17_Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 10:35pm
You may have several issues. The hydraulics only load when you make the oil do some sort of work. To test the reaction of the relief valve you can compare it only by raising the mast all the way up till you bottom out the cylinder just as you do when you hit the end of the stroke while steering. This will give you some comparison. The only real test is to install a test gauge and check to see if someone raised the pressure setting. This could easily be an overload problem. Other thing is your timing could be off, you could be getting a low flow of gas to the carb.
A tune up on an LP engine is just like any other engine. The fuel flows when the switch is on so a choke is not normally needed on some models. A close inspection or the lp carb should be self explaining. If you really have lots of problems I'd get a fork lift mechanic to come do a good service on it. He should have all the stuff to set everything up correctly.
Yea, I can fix that.....
razorsharp15 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razorsharp15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 11:57pm
Thanks Dave. There is a gauge on the right side of the forklift, near where your right knee would be while driving it, that I can consult for pressures. So if certain ones are too high versus, say, the mast ram, there could be a valving issue? Any thoughts on the lack of movement when pulling, pushing, or negotiating slight grades?
D-17_Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-17_Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 9:12am
Engine may not be revving high enough, torque converter may be getting weak. I'm really not that familiar with these fork lifts so these are just guesses.
Yea, I can fix that.....
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 12:33pm
Ign points? My 720 mower gets to be a real dog when it needs points tweaked, which is often! LOL!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic