This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XT III update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XT III update
    Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:19pm
Not quite sure whether her name is gonna be '27' or Growlin Kitty'. She hibernated for a full 27 years but when she awoke she was sure growlin. Work is crawling at a snails pace with sanding and paint. Stack, seat and decals to go and then she should be good to go. Sea foams going into the crankcase oil too. How long so I leave the Sea Foam in oil? Thanks, Dana

Edited by captaindana - 27 Feb 2012 at 4:30pm
Sponsored Links

AaronH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:29pm
wow! Looks good. you didnt waste any time.
Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:32pm
Dana - Seafoam stays in until the next oil change, lol!.  But if the tractor has sat that long I'd change oil again soon after say about 20 or so hours of work.  Mike
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
kffischer View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kffischer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 5:25pm
sounds like the story of Rip Van Winkle.  A pun on that name would be good!
but then I like puns...
Imagine a world where you are a tractor and have been hibernating for 27 years...
karl f
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 7:37pm
Hmmm, whats the feminine name for Rip ? lol Yeah Mike I'll run her another 2 hours after the paint cures and change the eng oil again and filter and put in more foam.
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 7:47pm
You nailed it Dana; drop it after a couple hours at running temp and add the Seafoam prior to the next oil change again. No sense risking all that work you have done by knocking old deposits loose that might starve her for oil by blocking something.
Remember that D19D I have in Herkimer?
She comes home to Texas in a couple more weeks and will be parked right next to the 190XT III I picked up last summer.
You are going to be spoiled this summer when you start making hay on those hills with that 190!
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 9:24pm
Doesnt look like its going that slow to me...Looks really nice. SeaFoam a couple hours, drop it, go 20 hours and drop it again. I think you can put it in the fuel as well, might help loosen things up, Trev.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 5:58pm
OK Thanks guys. Tim I can't wait to play with the baler and wagons on my hills. I will be looking for another XT to stay hooked on my discbine which I do not own yet. Think there are anymore 3000 original hour XT's around? This one was 15 miles from my farm! Unusual storey for sure. Now what will I name her; Rip, 27, ??? lol
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 6:14pm
Dana, my Dad bought a new xt in 66, the year I was born. He is 81 now and pretty worn down (my Mum died 2 years ago after a long and ugly illness) I was having lunch with him yesterday and telling him your story, he got a bit of the fierce take on anyone look in his eyes he had for years that has been gone for a long time, replaced by sadness and tears usually. He was thrilled that someone would do what you and many others have done on this forum, but he has a soft spot for the xt, it was his first Allis and first "big" tractor. He was thrilled, even asked me if I advised to put SeaFoam in the crankcase and fuel! I said much smarter members than me already did that. He wanted ALL the details, and then told me all about his tractor and how good it was (I was there for most of it and learned to operate a tractor on that thing) He even talked about if I could find his xt or another one. You really brightened an old  Allis mans day, thanks, Trev.
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 6:38pm
I don't remember if Seafoam is a biostat for fuel bacteria or not, but you can find it at part stores or better yet at injection places. It will kill the bacteria and loosen it up, but beware when it comes loose it will plug fuel filters. That may help clean up an injection system that has been setting for awhile helping it to run smoother., Good luck!!!! joe
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 6:39pm
How about sleeping beauty?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 7:03pm
Wow Trev isn't it amazing how all my troubles and issues have brightened your Dad's life! Very touching story, and I thank you. Dan that's a great idea. I am still leaning towards Growlin' Kitty, and maybe 27 under that..
kffischer View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kffischer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by captaindana captaindana wrote:

Hmmm, whats the feminine name for Rip ?

how about SNORT (Van Winkle)? 
:)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic