This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lost very good freind Jack Gustafson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 3:05pm
I met Jack and Barb when they came to our GOTO North along with Norm and Donna in 2007. I am sorry to say I have not seen them since. A great loss for the AC family.

Bob@allisdowneast

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
Sponsored Links

Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 3:25pm
I didn't know Mr. Gustafson but he sounds like he was a good fellow. Condolences to his family and friends.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 4:50pm
More condolences from GA. God bless.
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
Sam T-Ga View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam T-Ga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 5:17pm
More prayers from Ga,
Allen Dilg View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allen Dilg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 5:26pm
   We lost one of the BEST!!
Royal SW Ia View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal SW Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 5:39pm
My symapthy to all family and also Norm and Donna.  Jack was very helpful to me as I restored a 6-12.
I never would have found a radiator, so Jack loaned me one for a pattern.  He was a very good friend and will be missed.  Royal
Josh Day View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 5:41pm
Prayers from north IN.
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 5:46pm
Norm, words can't express how i feel. You and Jack took me in last year and at the GOO as if both of you new me for years. I consider it a great honor and blessing to be friended by you and Jack. Not only did we loose a great AC man but a wonderful person.
My prayers got to Barb and family. We all feel your pain.
Dave  
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 6:12pm
Jack and Barb at the 2011 GOTO; Florida Flywheelers, Fort Meade, FL.

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 6:35pm
Very sorry to hear of this! Jack and Barb were two of the first people I ever met at my first GOTO in Florida back in 2000. I was lost and wandered into their building, didn't leave for hours! Truly a gentleman. Life is better from knowing him. Orange has lost a great man.
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 7:00pm
   Jack providing some mosqito control in Florida :

[TUBE]zURz3_ANrPM[/TUBE]

[TUBE]ZVA4uUPlqD0[/TUBE]

[TUBE]Ytu2hcADMoM[/TUBE]

Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
bigallis1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigallis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 7:38pm
Was at the Flywheelers, Fl show today and I learned of Jack's passing.
Glad I had the opportunity to meet and chat with him at past GOTO's.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
norm[ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm[ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 8:00pm
  CONDOLENCES FROM BOURBON,IND   NORM& BARB   JACK WAS ONE OF THE BEST
norm[ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm[ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 8:19pm
  SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR LOSS MANY CONDOLENCES TO BARB AND ALL THE FAMILY LOTS OF KNOWLEDGE IS LOST  FROM NORM & BARB  BOURBON,IND
Dale H. ECIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale H. ECIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 8:21pm
I am very sorry to hear of Jack passing, I considered Jack and Barb very good friends, condolences and prayers to Barb and family from Paris, Il.
Allis Chalmers Museum, Paris, Il.http:// www.allischalmersmuseum.com 217-275-3428
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 9:08pm
I only met Jack once at the A-C jamboree.  He showed me is D-15 Orchard tractor.  I was truly honored.  My sympathy to Jack's family, he'll definitely be missed by many.
Dave H (NE) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 9:28pm
We have many good memories traveling to GOTO shows with Jack & Barb, Norm & Donna, Ernest & Loretta. We will miss Jack very much.  Prayers for Barb and family.
Dave & Deb
ihredo4 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ihredo4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 10:21pm
My prayers go out to Barb and Family and all his friends. I first met Jack at an auction about 20 years ago. Norm helped renew my friendship with Jack and I am so thankful for getting to know this man. The memories will be cherrished. God Bless you Jack...Until we meet again my friend.
Typically an IHC collector but especially like the Green Allis' and the G...Thank You Mike and Norm.
Chalmersbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmersbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 10:33pm
Our prayers go out to Jack's family and friends. Sorry to hear of his passing.
He will be greatly missed by all who knew him. Bob
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 10:35pm
Just got in late from work and read this,So sorry to hear of his passing.Legend is the first thing that came to my mind.Never met Jack but remember seeing him and Barb on RFDTV Classic tractor fever long before I ever found this website. Prayers from CIL to his friends and family. Orange took a blow to the gut today.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
DarrylinWA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 11:36pm
I meet Jack last year at the GOTO in Florida. I totally remember talking at lenght with him on different items. Meet him once, but will now remember him. I am sorry for his loss and will be praying for his family.

Take care, Darryl Krause Lynden WA.
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 6:52am
Sorry to hear of this, prayers for Barb.
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 10:13pm
 We're saddened to hear of Jack's passing.  He was a great man and friend.  He always had time for a question, to lend a helping hand, or to help figure out a problem.  He was upbeat, gracious, sweet, and kind. 

I remember speaking to him at the Jamboree just after he aquired his "M" crawler.  I asked if I could drive it, though I had never driven one before.  He didn't hesitate.  His face lit up with joy and he said, "Go ahead!"  That made my day.

Whenever I think of Allis-Chalmers, three names come to mind--Norm, Ted, & Jack.  I will miss and always remember Jack Gustafson.

God be with his friends and family.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Don Jr NY View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Jr NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 4:28am
Talked to Jack at many GOTO's. Very sorry to hear of his passing. My condolences to the family.  Don Jr.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 5:24am
I cannot recall meeting him but his name always showed as an active contribuitor to keeping Allis-Chalmers alive.
My thoughts and Prayers are with the family and you too Norm for your heavybloss.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
irlbeck A-C'S View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irlbeck A-C'S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 12:06pm
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Gustafson family. Jack was a true asset to the A-C family and will sadly be missed but not forgotten.
1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 7:53pm
prayers for him & his family from northern mn. jack was a man who will always be remembered by all ac people who ever met him. i didn't know him real well , but met him & barb in hutch where he left an everlasting memory on me . god bless his family.
anitawillie54 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anitawillie54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 8:20pm
Our Prayer to the Family of Jack Gustafson. He has been part of "The Allis Connection" family for over 14 years and we shall all miss him. Anita & Willie
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 3:41pm

More prayers for Jack & Barb's family from Ia.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic