This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who and how much?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who and how much?
    Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 2:01pm
In the spirit of "What's it worth?", I post this with the knowledge of the two previous purchasers...
We are seeking serious opinions on what this is worth. Now is the time, I am thinking of conversion to cash.

This is NOS.  Allis PN# 210629

I can be reached via email or PM.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
From listening comes wisdom and from speaking comes repentance.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.
Sponsored Links

DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 2:15pm

NOS IB Pintle Hitch?

Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 2:50pm
I hate to admit it, 'cause my IB would like one and I can't afford it, but I'm thinking they're worth a grand apiece. Very rare and sought after. Like lakefront property, they're not making any more of 'em. Your opinion may vary.

Edited by GBACBFan - 31 Jan 2012 at 2:51pm
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 3:29pm
   Was there a specific reason AC made these, like a trailer or cart or ????
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 3:37pm
   How many IB's had these hitches originally ?
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Tim in NY View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim in NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 6:41pm
It's hard to say what they are worth in this economy. If you remember I listed an IB with an original pintle on ebay back in the fall and had lots of watchers but no buyers. When I ran it through with a starting price of $1 it only went to a high of $700.00 ( did not reach reserve)That's a complete running IB with a pintle!!! I'd sell the entire tractor for $2000.00 figuring the tractor should be worth $1500.00 and the pintle at least $500.00 (no I will not split the tractor/pintle)I suppose your pintles should be more valuable because they are NOS.....
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 5:21am
They are worth the sum of the equation of the value of witch you are willing to part with minus the value of witch the prospective buyer is willing to pay plus the value of witch you will accept for it. LOL
my intention is not to be a smart ass but how do you realy put a value on any of this stuff?

Edited by dave63 - 01 Feb 2012 at 5:25am
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 5:24am
Maybe we need a forum auction?
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 6:10am
Tim,
If I didn't already have an IB, I would've considered a trip to NY State to purchase my first IB!  Pintle hook or no pintle hook! LOL!  Glenn, I'll trade ya a case of tall can Kroil for a Pintle hook. Now THAT's a deal!!  LOL!
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 7:56am
its worth what ever a buyer pays and your willing to except. To me its not worth the cost of shipping. I don't have an IB and have no plans of getting one. The market for it is probaly almost as rare as the item.
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 8:31am
I'm with Dakota Dave there is a limited number of those and they're hard to find but there's a limited market too. I'm an orange collector but I wouldn't have a use for one.
AGCO My Allis Gleaner Company
BILLP-SE-MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BILLP-SE-MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 8:31am
It all depends on the person,( Want V's Wait)  If your Ok to spend the $ for the want, or wait and see if ya cand find one cheeper.   I have done both. I wanted some parts yesterday & used, paid the $, also waited 2 years to get a set of front steel for my C.
Have a good one. BILL P
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 8:41am
Send them out to Dale's OPOP auction. Plenty of A/C enthusiasts there at one spot. Sell at least one there and it would give you an idea of it's worth.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Rfdeere Rfdeere wrote:

How many IB's had these hitches originally ?

Maybe Bill Long can give us some kind of idea. I don't know, although the parts book does not show any other hitch for the IB. Given how they are put together, I can see why not many have survived long term.

If you have any inclination that you might ever want one of these, now would be a good time to contact me.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 2:56pm
We sold quite a few IB's. Would get them from a very friendly AC Industrialbdealer. They all had pindle hitches on them - must have been an industrial thing. We tossed them and welded a regular drawbar on them.
GoodbLuck!
Bill Long
HagerAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HagerAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 5:00pm
I believe there is a similar type hitch on the back of our M7 snowcat.  Would have to look for sure.
30+ A-Cs ranging from a 1928 20-35, to a 1984 8070FWA, Gleaner R52
Chalmersbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmersbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:01pm
Glenn.There is an ad in the "wanted" section of OAN for a Pintle hitch for an IB.
Might want to look into it. Bob
AJ View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 6:54am
That wouldn't be the hitch that goes on the back of Military B would it??
Can't fix stupid
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Chalmersbob Chalmersbob wrote:

Glenn.There is an ad in the "wanted" section of OAN for a Pintle hitch for an IB.
Might want to look into it. Bob

He has known where to find me for quite some time.

Originally posted by HagerAC HagerAC wrote:

I believe there is a similar type hitch on the back of our M7 snowcat. Would have to look for sure.

It is the same hitch, same PN#. If anyone wants one for their M7, we can even discuss the NOS inventory tags that I have with the military numbers on them.

Originally posted by AJ AJ wrote:

That wouldn't be the hitch that goes on the back of Military B would it??

No, that one is different. If you could find that one, I bet Jim would trade his IB pintle for it, but you would have to ask him.

Edited by GlenninPA - 02 Feb 2012 at 8:48am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic