This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

got some new orange

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 190xt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: got some new orange
    Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 6:32pm
I picked up, new to me, allis chalmers 720 I was wondering if anyone could tell me what year it is. I have the ID number it is 1690288001354 and I was also wondering where I could find a manuels parts and operation. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

190xt View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 190xt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 6:34pm
trying to post picture but i cant semm to get it to go
Bull View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 8:48pm
There is a large amount of info at simple.com.
D-17_Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-17_Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 8:51pm
No accurate records on the years as these were built through Simplicity. But you can get the manuals from the manufacturing number through Simplicity. Simpletractors.com has the instructions and most of the detailed info on these tractors.
Yea, I can fix that.....
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 9:06pm
I'll try this again, first time it wouldn't let me post.
My understanding is that either no records were kept of the serial numbers or they were lost in the transfer to Simplicity.  If your tractor has the original motor you can get close with the product number.  I was lucky enough to get the information from the original owner of when and where mine was sold.  I have a chart of the Allis/Deutz-Allis/AGCO-Allis/Simplicity product numbers and the years produced but can't seem to get it to download.
My chart shows for the 720;
Product #1690073 = 1976
Product # 1690146 = 1976
Product #1690288 = 1977, 78, 79, 80, & 81
Maximum use of available resources!
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 7:37am
Simple Tractors website 

Allis  720    Simplicity  9020

Gary

Corrected Link

Edited by Gary - 22 Jan 2012 at 8:07am
190xt View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 190xt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 9:21am
thanks for the info
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic