This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crawler Picture Post.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CALEBnOK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALEBnOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by R.W R.W wrote:

Not mine, but a really sweet running BEST 60 at a show this summer.

Man gets me fired up about my Best 60. Need to get it back together just need more CASH!

My Cat 30 I sold to a friend 2 years ago- one of it how i found it in the wild and the other running after being brought out of the shed

Sponsored Links

DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 1:36pm
In the 1940's when I was a kid in southern Saskatchewan our municipality (county) had two Cat Sixties. One was used to pull an elevating grader for building rural roads and the second one had a two drum winch fitted to it for pulling a cable controlled scraper that they used for putting in driveway approaches and for digging farm dugouts (ponds). They did replace the one on the elevating grader with a D8 dozer but kept using the other one on the scraper for a few more years until it eventually died on the job. It was a little sad watching it being towed back to the maintenance yard by a local farmer's tractor. I have always been fascinated by machinery and when I was about 11 they built a new road past our farm. I sent hours watching them work and when it came time to build our approach and driveway the operator of the old Sixty on the scraper let me ride on the round fuel tank while he built our driveway. What a thrill. They one thing that puzzles me when I see these pictures is that I in my memory the fuel tank was on the right hand side. 
Jack of all trades, master of none
CALEBnOK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALEBnOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 2:08pm
That tractor had a construction setup and not farming. all you have to due is move the steering clutch controls and fuel tank brackets to make it such. My best is set up so you can see the furrow while working and the controls are moved to the right of center. a construction sixty the controls are centered and the fuel tank is on the right.
Caleb
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 6:54pm
Thanks for the explanation Caleb. So I am not losing my mind after all. LOL
Jack of all trades, master of none
Steve allis dozer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 5:56am
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 5:57am
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 10:52pm
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 9:16pm
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 9:29pm
Before and After...

Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 9:32pm
12G and 260 mid 1990's

FA 31 at auction Edmonton 1987

Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 10:10pm

Here I am with the oldest  HD11 I've seen, serial number 505...
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 10:20pm
By way of explanation:
I went through the old album and scanned a few pictures:
-top one is an old Monarch working #6 Highway north of Regina in 1936 past my grandfather's farm
-next is two old elevens dad found sitting in the weeds, an HD11ES (long track) and HD11S.  The two pictures below are the same machines after paint and a little restoration.  We no longer own these machines, but I think they are both still being used.
-the 31 picture was taken by my uncle at an auction in Edmonton.  I guess he was impressed with its size- he had run an HD21, but the 31 is impressive.
-the 260 and 12G are owned by my cousin, who still does some contracting with old Allis equipment.
-the old #505 is a machine that I bought for $800 with no engine- probably the best deal I've ever done on an old tractor...

Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 10:25pm
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:43pm
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 10:11pm
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 10:12pm
HD-5 with 3-71 Detroit. a Sweeney Brothers Tractor Co modification from the 1950's
dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 7:17pm
sweet. i would like to see that in person to see the exact modifications. it think it would really push with that extra power but mines does pretty good with 2 cylinders. in wonder what would be the weakest link with the extra horsepower.
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 7:30pm
Appears it has the Driptroit diaper set up pretty well, nice catch pan!  I woked on many 71 and 53 series engines, from 2L to 6L and the V series blocks, all had the same typical oil losses seen on the HD5
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 7:49pm
Speaking of Sweeney Bros., I believe this picture was taken at a Sweeney Brothers yard...
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 7:50pm
Toasty HD5
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 7:48am
The HD5 with the 3-71 Detroit shows black liquid flowing down from the exhaust. One of my diesels started doing this. On my machine the liquid does not smell like fuel and it does not seem to be down on power. The oil level remains OK. My problem is it is messing up my nicely repainted machine. Should I have the injector patern adjusted or is something else starting to go wrong?
ianoz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 9:48am
International BTD8. Needs final drive ,  New one for the shed

q4016lanz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote q4016lanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 12:24am
Some of our crawlers
Track Marshall 55
2 VF fowlers 1 cyl two stroke Diesel
15 allis chalmers tractors

9 lanz bulldog tractors

2 water cooled deutz

9 john deeres tractors

14 Aus made orange chamberlains

I spent most of my money on old tractors I wasted the rest
q4016lanz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote q4016lanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 4:25pm
some of our earthmovig gear
fordson fulltrack 6cyl perkins
the girls having a tugawar
15 allis chalmers tractors

9 lanz bulldog tractors

2 water cooled deutz

9 john deeres tractors

14 Aus made orange chamberlains

I spent most of my money on old tractors I wasted the rest
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 2:22pm
HI I have a Caterpiller 1937 RD7 with a LeTorneau cable lift blade in one corner it has ALASKA weled on blade. Working on finding engine parts for it any help would help very much  I emailed cat and they said that ser.# range was shiped up to Oaks British Columbia that was the closes dealer

Rod in MN
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 8:17pm
Rod look on acmoc.org ( Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owners Club) ,very helpful people over there . Pistons for the 5 3/4 inch RD series engines were discussed last week.Good luck on getting it going.
Ray 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic