This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

silage blower questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: silage blower questions
    Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 11:13am

What are the limits of the belt driven long hopper blowers. I know they filled alot of 40 and 50 footers, but just how high could they reach?

What was the recommended shaft speed on the fan on the belt drive units? Someone mentioned a chart for the different grains and distances not long ago.

A more general question. The modern blowers will blast up 120 ft or more. I was wondering about horizontal distance though.  Looking into a project that involves putting corn into a long shed. Not enough room in the yard to back the semi in the door to use a auger. Need to pull past the door crosswise.  Jump auger to the blower, then into the building. It is 160 feet to the back and I have a 120 ft of pipe. Was just gonna lay them on the floor and disconnect as needed.Plan A was to poke holes in the roof. This is plan B. Plan C is hook 3 augers in a chain to get to the back, you would have to move all three as you move outward.

I guess I am just wondering what the distance limit would be to move grain or even silage a horizontal distance.

Sounds like we might be on to plan D. The guy that wants the corn is gonna get a Loftness bagger and just bag it in the field. Better winter access than the shed.

Edited by Nathan (SD) - 30 Sep 2011 at 1:50pm
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic