This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H-3 U/C Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H-3 U/C Question
    Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 10:27pm
Guys: Need to enlist your help.   On the H-3 the bottom rolls are held in place by Grade 8 cap screws .  On the underside of the frame there is a special nut that looks like it has a beveled angle to it that buts up against the C channel.  

Where can a fella get these "special" beveled nuts, I would like to replace them while I have the rolls out of my machine.  

I am assuming they terminated the rolls the same way on the H-4 but not for sure. 

Also, I have seen pictures of an H-3 with a log grapple attached on the back.  In my factory books, it does not illustrate the log grapple at all.  Can any of you guys shine some light on the log grapple application, maybe an approved after marker vendor supplied these and therefore any manual would have been supplied by someone other than AC, but not sure. 

Would appreciate hearing your thoughts on these points.  TIA - Orangeman
Sponsored Links

Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 4:35am
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 4:36am
I hope you can see that, it works on my computer....

It was called a hydra-loader...Just seen it last night, funny you mentioned it. It appears that A-C made it. Do you have pictures of one?

Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 12:12pm
Hi Don: The information you posted came out perfect. Now if I can just find those pesky nuts for the cap screw that hold the bottom rollers into the rails I would be all set. 

Thanks much for the wonderful information.   Orangeman
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 1:30pm
they do make a bevel washer to go under normal nuts that are used on chanel iron. Wedge washers is another name.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 3:37pm
Here is the wedge washer you need to match up to the angle in the channel. Probably don't need 50 of them though.
http://www.amazon.com/IMPERIAL-76532-WEDGE-SHAPED-WASHER/dp/B001F67LXW
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 4:28pm
You guys are awesome!  Charlie I see that these wedges are washers.   Mine seem to be threaded so they are like a nut.  Guess I could use my taps to thread perhaps.  I am beginning to think that these are OEM nuts produced by Allis but again, not sure.  Have any of you guys working on the H-3 undercarriage used a different fastner?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic