This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

brought out the 8550

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brought out the 8550
    Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 6:05pm

Got the 8550 out today
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Sponsored Links

Ryan Renko View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 6:09pm
Great fun I'm sure!! What type of transmission does that big boy have?? Ryan
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 6:12pm
Mean looking animal, John! I've had some time in one, and they are awesome...congrats on the purchase btw!
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 6:49pm
Wow IG that thing is MEAN! I love them there STACKS!
BobHnwO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobHnwO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 7:05pm
I'm orange with envy!!
Why do today what you can put off til tomorrow.
427435 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 427435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 7:25pm
Have you redone the pump to slow the max engine speed down??
Mark

B10 Allis, 917 Allis, 7116 Simplicity, 7790 Simplicity Diesel,
GTH-L Simplicity

Ignorance is curable-----stupidity is not.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 7:29pm
I'm envious also........of your weather!!! LOL   Great looking tractor, Darrel
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 7:36pm
Actually that was my nephew that put these pics on. We should be able to start shoot gas on by the end of the week ,if we miss the rain tomorrow. I haven't turned the pump down. Where can I get the specs to what it should be set at?
                                                        IG
acd21man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acd21man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 7:40pm
how come you need to turn the pump down . to save the life of the pump or burn less fuel or what
2 wd 45,2 D-17 diesel/gas 3 pt, 220,d21, 4020,2 4430s used daily http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCudh8Xz9_rZHhUC3YNozupw
AndrewGubbels View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewGubbels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 7:44pm
Looks awesome John!!! How about the 190xt??

andre
Andrew Gubbels
Gubbels Restoration
Hurst View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 7:44pm
I think they're talking about turning the pump to 4w305 specs, which slows the engine speed but ups the torque if I remember correctly from a post a little while back.

Hurst
1979 Allis Chalmers 7000
5800 Hours
Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 7:50pm
Sweet Tractor John! Something about those monsters. Looks like it could take on anything even standing still.

She looks good out there getting the tires dirty.
1954 WD45 NF "Iron Tater"
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 8:11pm
Hey John,

Could you scour that plow for me? Shouldn't take but a minute or two. LOL!
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 9:58pm
Looks good, but the thought of filling the tank would scare the sheit outa me!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
427435 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 427435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Hurst Hurst wrote:

I think they're talking about turning the pump to 4w305 specs, which slows the engine speed but ups the torque if I remember correctly from a post a little while back.

Hurst

That big engine did not like running at 2500-2600 rpm.   Much happier at the 4w-305 setting and no loss of power.
Mark

B10 Allis, 917 Allis, 7116 Simplicity, 7790 Simplicity Diesel,
GTH-L Simplicity

Ignorance is curable-----stupidity is not.
C. Burnett View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 9:24pm
John do you still have the small silver and gray tractor that you had or did you trade for this?
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 7:12pm
If that's the same one I saw on tractorhouse about a month ago, you got a good deal.  Dad and i almost went an looked at it but it was a little far away.  i think that's probably the next item on the shopping list. 

how do they do on fuel.  that's the only thing that concerns me.  our 8050 burns about 10 gallon per hour pulling good.  i would expect it's about double.
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 9:35pm
C Burnett I dont have the Agcostar anymore. Have a versitile in its place. This is just to play around with.
wekracer it is the one that was on tractorhouse at St.Anne. It is a real nice tractor,pulled the 30ft tillol with it today working up some pasture ground.  As far as fuel goes. It loves it,just keep filling it up and it will burn it out....LOL   The good thing is it  only takes about 650 dollars to fill it up.
                                                      IG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic