This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

d-14 tech question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smuggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: d-14 tech question
    Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 7:13pm
my neighbor has a d-14 that wont let the 2 point arms go down. Is there a linkage problem? He says it sounds like the still trying to raise even tho there all the way up. thanks
Sponsored Links

D-17_Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-17_Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 9:14pm
Check the linkage from the lift arms going into the belly pump. If this gets knocked loose or something lets go it will lock the pump draft linkage in the raise position and force the pump oil over the unloader valve. This will also cause the lift levers to spring up just like it would when the draft is actuated.
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 9:36pm
Check to see that the Traction Booster lever is in the lowest position.  Also check the linkage to the snap coupler for any sticking or binding.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
smuggler View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smuggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 4:16pm
Thanks for the reply guys  Ive got it in my shop now. Took a look at all the linkage. unhooked arm for snap coupler. Still nothing bo matter what i do. If i unhook the line goin to the boster gage I can push them down and it forces oil out. Im thinking theres a vavle stuck in the pump?  Also  somebody has worked on it before cause the rod with the spring onit where u would put a nail in to remove pump is welded shut.  Am I on the rite track thinking a valve is stuck?  thanks
smuggler View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smuggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 4:45pm
Well dropped the pump out fixed the cobbed up weld job re drilled hole for a nail to hold the spring.  Took the 4 - 1/4" bolts out and there was  a valve stuck I thing the oil rings were just hard. No rust or galling in there. Went and got 2 new o rings put it back together works like a champ now so besides fixing somebody elses cobb job. The repair was around 50cents
Jamie (KY) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie (KY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 8:06pm
Awesome news! I'll keep that in mind when mine starts acting up. That's one part that I didn't open up and work on.
Just when I thought I was finishing my "honey-do-list", she turned the page!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic