This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wc pullin engine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 8:50pm

What size would one want the runner bored to for a 1.94 valve in an engine like above?  I've sonic tested a few different heads but it seams that a 1.65" runner is getting twards the end of things for holding water and being durable. 

I don't have any computer programs, just a few books, calculator and some junk shop equipment.  My head on the high speed engine is a total different mess with 2.1 runners, with a v to eliminate reverberation. We made the billet roller rockers, and I had to make the rocker shaft with supports on the ends, L shaped posts that were held down by the end head bolts.  Without them the end rocker arms would bend the shaft up once in a while if it wound to hard.

I set up the head for the little 240 inch, low speed engine I'm working on, I bored the runners to 1.55 and quit, still debateing if I should go more, or leave it where it is.  I have not ordered valves yet, still kicking around what size to run.
Sponsored Links

wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 8:54pm
hey allis fields,
I used to pull with Rod, still talk to him now and then.  I went to Hutchinson a few times.  Life has taken over and business is good, not much time anymore to get out.

You ever see the little WC "gone ballistic"?

Edited by wi50 - 03 Dec 2010 at 8:56pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 9:02pm
it takes a tub of belzona supermetal 111 .  the 1.8 works but i have had to plug the thin spots before .  the best way is to cut a head into sections open it up contuor everything with bondo smooth it flow it get it where you want it. then mirror image the work to the head you want to run with the belzona smooth to get the numbers . bondos easier to work for the trial and errors.  once we are done we add water and silicon glass under 14 psi of pressure for a number of days untill we have no seapage . the bad  frequencys have more affect on long rods . Bad flowing heads can be helped with short rods. long rod ratios always need excellent flowing heads unfortunately tractor heads just dont do it without boost.

Edited by mlpankey - 03 Dec 2010 at 9:11pm
Pa.Pete View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pa.Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

I was messing around looking at youtube, there's a WC video there  "allis pulling at luck wisconsin"  kind of a neat tractor.  If I knew how to post links I'd put it here
Is this it. --  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9wzSEEVGws
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 9:55pm
I bought some parts from that gentleman, but don't remember his name. His place is North of Mpls/St Paul. The WC was in his shop, and looked like it could pull the building down. I believe he's at the swap meet at Le Seuer, MN every year.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic