This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

can some one tell me the make of plow?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorchuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can some one tell me the make of plow?
    Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 2:43pm
Sponsored Links

tractorchuckie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorchuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 2:46pm
I found this plow this mourning at an used tractor shop around home. I think it is allis but I'am not sure. if someone can help I would appreciated. thxchuck
R Aiken View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 3:48pm
yes it is an allis. they sold one today at an auction for $110.
TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 5:24pm
It looks like a #2 Allis to me.  To be sure look for the words "ALLIS CHALMERS" forged into the plow main beams.
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorchuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 5:33pm
their is no name cast in the main beams.
Doug northern IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug northern IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 7:36pm
just restored one like it  you have to look close at main beams if theres alot of paint . I though I had something else untill I cleaned it. 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorchuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 6:35am
thank you
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 7:32am
the allis chalmers markings on the plow beams may not show up until you strip a lot of paint  
1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
j.w.freck View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.w.freck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 6:33pm
you are correct,it is an allis plow commonly known back then as a fish hook beam plow,had the on the farm in indiana...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic