This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horse of a different color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horse of a different color
    Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 9:09pm
Finished the restoration on my 1953 Massey-Harris Colt recently. It's not orange but I hope you enjoy. Thanks for looking.
Mike

AC CA, Ferguson TO-20, Ford NAA, M-M BG, AC #3 Mower, SC Plow, PH Digger, AC 720's with Ark 700 loader & Brantly Backhoe, "Mini B" w/flathead Ford V8
Sponsored Links

omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 9:21pm
Looks sharp!  I am no MH expert, but can't say I have ever seen a colt-is it rare?
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 9:22pm
Nice re-do.... looks ready to gallop on down the row of (crop here)......
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 9:37pm
Nice job!!  Looks good. 
 I don't know if it is that rare cause I remember selling against them in Maryland.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
David Gibson (OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gibson (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 8:40am
Looks good!
David Gibson
http://www.darkecountysteam.com
1956 WD45
Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 8:47am
Nice Job Mike! Sharp looking Colt.
1954 WD45 NF "Iron Tater"
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 9:11am
Really nice job -- I envy you guys that can do this.
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 9:25am
One thing about the pics of Mike's tractors is that they don't do justice to his workmanship. He is a perfectionist, and they REALLY look good up close and personal.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
Hartland Farm View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hartland Farm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 9:28am
That's a good looking tractor even if it's not orange.
Joe (TN)
Kev Card View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev Card Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 9:55am
very nice job
RC,WC,2 C'S,WD45,185 ,618 LT

If it's orange and rusty Mary don't trust me
mnoonan-NEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 11:47am
Thanks to all for the nice comments. As far as rare goes, there were only 1669 built in the 2 years (52-53) that they were produced. They replaced the model 20 and had a Continental 124 ci engine.
AC CA, Ferguson TO-20, Ford NAA, M-M BG, AC #3 Mower, SC Plow, PH Digger, AC 720's with Ark 700 loader & Brantly Backhoe, "Mini B" w/flathead Ford V8
Spud View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 1:05pm
That is one good looking unit.  Good job.
MH 30 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MH 30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 7:08pm

beautifull job!! I collect Massey Harris, I just bought a MH Colt in August, it is a twin to yours however mine is in before condition, I hope to make it look like yours when I am finished. I would appreciate if you could post more pictures, as this will give me incentive and a guideline to go buy, your picture of the 3 pth is helpfull. My colt also has the one piece  side panels. Do you have any other Massey Harris tractors? thanks MH 30

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 1:38pm
MH30,
I sent you a personal message but just in case you didn't get it, it's as follows;
This Colt is the only Massey I have. I have many pictures of Colts and Mustangs. If you would like, I could email some of the pictures of parts of the tractor you are interested in. I would also be able to help with where to get parts, etc.
Good luck with your Colt restoration,
Mike 

mnoonan42@gmail.com

Edited by mnoonan-NEWI - 18 Nov 2010 at 6:31pm
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 2:58pm
what do you call a Massey-Harris Colt ?
dose it have more to the name ?

20 22 23 Mustang 25 30
33 44 50 55 81
82 101 Junior 101 Senior 101 Super 102 Senior
201 202 203 333 444
555 744 745 Challenger GP
Pacemaker Pony 11    

thanks    B:-)  Dnoym
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 3:32pm
Dnoym,
It is also known as a Model 21.
Mike
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 6:55pm
Very nice job. Thanks for sharing.
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic