This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Still Driving for a paycheck,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Still Driving for a paycheck,
    Posted: 2 hours 10 minutes ago at 1:14pm
For Now.  Seems this last week was a BAD Marker in the check box lists, started off iffy on Monday, moved to the fourth Monday of Thursday where a Clay Barge was docked up this week but was NOT due until NEXT Month, still loaded it out and ran hard to get that load set for it.
Then Friday came, supposed to be a little more slack as the barge fully loaded and was gone Down River Thursday evening.  Take off from yard to get to clay pit around sunup, start off a early day to get off early.  Cross MO River Bridge and a Ford Pickup decides on the Loutre River Causeway to Pass headed South, only 60 ft of passing zone then swaps to Double yellow where he was well into that as I was Slowing to keep from nose diving.

Next Up, second Full Load headed S to Sand Plant, just crossed Bear Creek on Hwy 19, see one of my Cohorts heading around a bend and a few cars in front of him, where the one directly in front of Him decided to pass TWO in front of him, and ME a half mile to all the above, That one was closer than wanted to get. Next round, turn and headed back N., this time car coming South at Big Spring gets passed at Hwy Y, Coming AT me at whatever speed he had and me slowing from 57mph, he also cleared but not by much.  Cohort passed with Hand partially covering face, He KNEW that guy was DEAD he told me later!

So by now my Sphincter is TIRED of Grabbing the Seat Cushion and I manage to get to the fourth load turn and as dropped that head N again, this time as approach Hwy Y is a Bronze Jeep, see it come to the stop at Y and 19, DRIVER NOT ONCE Glanced to my direction and KNEW, just KNEW was going to pull out and Did PAINFULLY SLOWLY, already on Brakes and laid into air Horn as within eight to ten car lengths at 53mph, KNOW going to cream him as coming into a  sweeper corner, He does NOT Speed up, pulls HALFWAY onto Shoulder and STOPS!!  By now I am in Cardiac Know I've killed two people with horn STILL Blaring, No traffic from N so swing to that lane and Miss these idiots.

Death Wish Friday was over with fifth load, went to yard at 2:15, washed truck and parked it, SO DONE for the day.  Really getting tough to turn the key these days.  Enjoy the extra Income and the work MOST of The TIME, not Yesterday.

Edited by DMiller - 2 hours 7 minutes ago at 1:17pm
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic