This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA Hydraulic Pump Not Functioning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA Hydraulic Pump Not Functioning
    Posted: 4 hours 58 minutes ago at 12:44pm
Not even a hint of pumping, full fresh oil. Do I need to prime it? Not been operated in at least 30 years, probably 40. Piston noise sounds normalish if not a little louder than I remember. Things to check before I take it apart? I adjusted screws out against stops, disabled drawbar control by loosening adj screw and screwing lock screw into the housing, hold plate locked together.
I'm betting suction ball bearing stuck, rusted...

Edited by dfwallis - 4 hours 15 minutes ago at 1:27pm
1952 CA13092
Sponsored Links

dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 44 minutes ago at 1:58pm
Ok, oil drained, delicate workbench cleaned, let the surgery begin:( I was hoping against hope, but not unexpected.
1952 CA13092
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 52 minutes ago at 2:50pm
Stuck piston, gobs o gunk in intake...suspiciously, one of the mounting bolts was loose.
1952 CA13092
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 46 minutes ago at 3:56pm
Clap  Thumbs Up
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 24 minutes ago at 4:18pm
How do you unstick a fully depressed piston, nothing to grab onto, no back side access.
1952 CA13092
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 12 minutes ago at 4:30pm
is there a port 90 degrees to the side to blow air into the top of the piston ?   If air is not enough, maybe soak thru the port with  penetrating oil, then put a spoon full of oil thru the port and compress to build up psi ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 58 minutes ago at 4:44pm
Check valve port inline, but none of the balls move. I haven't researched which direction they check
1952 CA13092
ekjdm14 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekjdm14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 minutes ago at 5:12pm
Assuming it's stuck because of gunk and not mechanical damage, I'd be inclined to throw it in either a heated parts washer* or ultrasonic tank to try and free things up. If it doesn't loosen the piston it at least ought to free up the check balls and allow you to use air.

I mention damage because of the loose bolt, hopeful someone didn't gouge it up trying to remove previously.

*A dishwasher, minus the salts, can suffice in a pinch. Just make sure to oil parts after drying to avoid flash corrosion, and DO NOT attempt if there's a chance of being busted in the act by the wife! Ours takes about 50 minutes including drying cycle.

Edited by ekjdm14 - 24 minutes ago at 5:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic