This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Providence Full Strength Green Anti-Freeze

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Providence Full Strength Green Anti-Freeze
    Posted: 12 Sep 2024 at 7:24pm
Have any of you guys had experience with Providence Full Strength Green Anti-Freeze ?

Good or bad ?

Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2024 at 7:48pm
Green antifreeze is a thing of the past.... Most places now carry the "yellow extended life" which is a direct replacement for the old GREEN and is rated for 5 years or 100,000 miles... I use that in everything ( build before 2000) , old tractors, etc.

GREEN Product Features:

• For use in all older cars and light duty trucks
  • Up to 1 year or 12,000 miles of protection
  • Automotive use in model years 1995 and older

Edited by steve(ill) - 12 Sep 2024 at 7:50pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2024 at 4:45pm
Rural King always has a great deal on GREEN antifreeze, run it , its antifreeze !
BuckSkin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2024 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Most places now carry the "yellow extended life"

I appreciate your confidence in the yellow stuff; however, for my part, I will never knowingly buy another jug of Yellow Anti Freeze, nor will I ever put it in anything of mine.

For one thing, after being in a clean and flushed system for a week or so, the yellow stuff looks like silage-fed cow manure; the Green stuff looks good and clean months after.

I have also had issues with 50/50 mixture of the Yellow stuff not testing below freezing when brand-new.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2024 at 8:07pm
For one thing, after being in a clean and flushed system for a week or so, the yellow stuff looks like silage-fed cow manure

Dont know what happened on your TEST.. I have been using it for 20 years..... leave it in 5-6 years and still looks brand new...  Most companies and people have UPGRADED the old green for the new Extended life Yellow to get the LONG TERM good out of it..

Edited by steve(ill) - 13 Sep 2024 at 8:08pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2024 at 9:25pm
 I always look for the Green at Walmart but guess they do not carry the green any longer,,,I never had any issues with the Green SO,,why change,,,?  I'm glad the Rural KIng box store carries the green SO I know where to go get some,,,!!!Clap

Edited by desertjoe - 13 Sep 2024 at 9:26pm
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2024 at 10:08pm
i keep every color in the rainbow at the shop to keep everyone happy but i use plain green stuff mostly in everything of mine and distilled water a little nalcool2000 never hurts
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2024 at 10:40pm
Whole way to Rhode Island once I couldn't get that out of my head.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic