This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA Hydraulic Hold Position?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA Hydraulic Hold Position?
    Posted: 07 Sep 2024 at 8:20pm
Assuming I adjust the pump for "hold" operation, how do I recognize that I've moved the lever into the "hold" position?  I only have the vaguest of memory of a sort of click happening, but that's a 50 year old memory.  There doesn't seem to be a physical detent.
1952 CA13092
Sponsored Links

DMac View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2024 at 8:45pm
i have a set of cultivators on mine and there is a detent for hold between lower and raise positions
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2024 at 10:58pm
The detention can be felt in the lever. Moving either up or down you feel a spot in the travel. The pump must be set for hold position.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 9:45am
Thanks.  A follow-up question, a wing nut style clamp is included which is used to limit the travel of the hydraulic control lever.  Under what operational scenarios is that needed/used?  
1952 CA13092
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 10:39am
When you read your OPERATORS manual or even the hydraulic pump decal that should be on a fender, you'll see that is to set the effectiveness in the traction booster setting. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 10:54am
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

When you read your OPERATORS manual or even the hydraulic pump decal that should be on a fender, you'll see that is to set the effectiveness in the traction booster setting. 

Thanks.  All of the body decals were gone even by the mid 1960s.  It had a pretty rough life.  I'm just trying to understand if I have everything I need ready for my next trip to work on it next week.  Hydraulics (hopefully just replacing frayed hoses and testing) will be the next project after I get the tin and platform installed.  I did order a decal set 2 years ago, I hope they're still in good shape.

Edited by dfwallis - 08 Sep 2024 at 11:10am
1952 CA13092
dkattau View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dkattau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 7:55pm
You can adjust your drop rate with the stop when the hydraulics are in the “hold” position. The farther you move it forward, the faster the lift will go down.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic