This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harvest 2023 pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harvest 2023 pictures
    Posted: 07 Sep 2024 at 9:20am

I am a year late posting these. I had intended to upload them long ago, but here we are.  It's not entirely clear what some of the pictures are, so I'll give some context. One picture is taken with the rock door open showing the plugged cylinder. This was mostly caused by some Sumac that had been picked up and made worse by a very dense section of green weeds. We also had some trouble with the auger clutch on the grain table, plugging the head. We had a few opportunities to back up the head with our 24" pipe wrench we call "The Reverser". It lives full-time in the toolbox on the side of the combine. There are two pictures of West MAC in Newaygo Michigan.  I hadn't been there in years. It looked a lot different than when I was there as a kid.

Edited by WD45 Aaron - 07 Sep 2024 at 9:32am
Machinery rescue for all things rusty or broken. Current residents include 3-1/2 WD45s, Oliver Row 77 gas, 88 diesel, Farmall super C, parts C, two Cat D2's, Clark C500-80 forklift, and a sick Kubota.
Sponsored Links

WD45 Aaron View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2024 at 9:29am

Machinery rescue for all things rusty or broken. Current residents include 3-1/2 WD45s, Oliver Row 77 gas, 88 diesel, Farmall super C, parts C, two Cat D2's, Clark C500-80 forklift, and a sick Kubota.
Cernunnos View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cernunnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2024 at 10:02am
Classic pictures start to finish...thanks for sharing
1951 CA, 1952 CA with cultivator, 20 Series 8' disc harrow, 2 bottom pick-up plow, forage blower, 2-row rear mounted drill corn planter, Allcrop grain drill, No. 80T sickle mower, MN No. 130 barge box
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2024 at 3:32pm
What's the large "roof" in the middle of your yard?
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2024 at 4:21pm
Do you mean the large cone-shaped one? That's grain storage. Prior to the steel roof it has now, it had an inflatable roof. I'm told that they bought it used from somewhere else. I'm not certain what the advantage is of that type of storage. It takes up a lot of ground compared to a typical grain bin.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2024 at 6:00pm
Yeah that's the one. I guess in a high wind situation it would be beneficial but, yeah it takes up a lot of space. What's the capacity compared to the other bins?

Edited by thendrix - 07 Sep 2024 at 6:01pm
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2024 at 7:10pm
That's a good question. I am curious as well. Their website states that they have 4.24 million bushels of storage. When I was young I was told that the facility was previously a cement factory.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic