This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7060 open station

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7060 open station
    Posted: 20 Aug 2024 at 5:01am
Anyone have any advice on converting a 7060 into an open station tractor? 
Sponsored Links

coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2024 at 11:43am
Fenders will be the hard part, everything else is available new.  I wouldn't mind building a stamp to convert 200 fenders to single head lamp.
Cpetty View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cpetty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2024 at 12:20pm
Yeah, that's a big job! You'll need to fab a new ROPS and figure out how to reroute all the wiring and hydraulics.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2024 at 9:51pm
Fix the A-C...
Mattman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2024 at 6:52am
Im going to pull with this tractor and want to get rid of that weight. 
Mattman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2024 at 6:53am
I'm curious as to what guys have done for the floor plate I guess. 
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2024 at 7:31am
I take it you've never pulled before ???   A 7060 shipping weight is just over 12K. I had a 7050 once that we removed both cab doors and windows, one battery instead of four, removed the 3-point hitch draft arms and links and were under 12K with cast iron rear wheel centers, which could lose you another 500-700 lbs if you went to pressed steel.
Mattman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2024 at 9:45am
I have pulled. Goal is to get to 9750. 
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2024 at 1:24pm
Earlier post was to get it under 13,000 lbs.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2024 at 1:38pm
I'm not sure that is even achievable without major reconstruction. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Mattman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2024 at 2:55pm
Yup, I wrote 13,000 on earlier post. My mistake. I really want to get it under 10. I will remove pto, hydraulics, 3 point, pressed wheels, cab. I'm thinking aluminum floor plate painted maroon. May have to modify front axle to make it lighter. I know another guy who did the same thing. Following his lead. 
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2024 at 4:40pm
Brad Howells 7030/8030 NTPA four turbocharged unit pulled at 9500 with 30.5 x 32's and I know he added weight to get up to 9500 lbs so it would balance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic