This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D17 Buddy Seat?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D17 Buddy Seat?
    Posted: 29 Jun 2024 at 12:52pm
Hello
Wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a "buddy seat"
or good plans to build one, for my D17?
My 2 year old son loves to ride with me, but it's hard to hold him
and operate the hand clutch at the same time.

(This picture is when he fell asleep holding the hydraulic controls on my D17 with bench seat)
(no joke - "tractor" was his first word!).
Sponsored Links

Stan R View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2024 at 3:10pm
Personally, I'd let him ride 2 laps around the field between your legs on your lap and then let him off.
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2024 at 9:26pm
Just for info, not practical in your case.  Have a friend who had a D 14 for caravan use, move the wheels out wide, moved fenders out and put 2 car bucket seats on it so he and his wife could ride.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2024 at 10:10pm
I think if I had to do that, the left fender would get moved out a few inches and the child's seat would be down low inside the fender with a seat belt restraint and backrest. Might have to move the rear wheel out a bit, but that's where he should be= between you and the fender down low.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2024 at 6:45am
If you were to move the fender out, could you put a child's car seat on a platform that the seat could be secured to? 

Kids are happy to ride in car seats, because that's all they are allowed to do. I bet he would be happy (and safe) in a similar seat on a tractor.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic