This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers look alike

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigbirdww Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers look alike
    Posted: 20 Jun 2024 at 2:02pm
I came across a JD G style Allis Chalmers. I could not find anything from JD that they made something that looks like the AC G. Painted  in JD colors and I could not find any AC orange under the green paint. Any opinions. Tried to upload photos but unable to do so. Thanks
1948 AC-C
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2024 at 3:23pm
I think this is the tractor of which you speak.  If you can keep it, it would be the 3rd known to exist...

Story is is that AC beat them to the market, by the time jd worked alla the bugs out, AC had already sold thousands!

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2024 at 3:49pm
I'm not a big Green guy, but that little bugger is cute! First time I saw one of dem'.....
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Macon Rounds View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2024 at 9:34pm
I believe Allis "G" is much more user friendly !!!

But the green one is unique and cute.

Edited by Macon Rounds - 20 Jun 2024 at 9:36pm
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2024 at 9:43pm
there were 2-3 other companies that COPY the G design over the last 70 years.. They looked more like the G than the JD did..

Edited by steve(ill) - 20 Jun 2024 at 9:46pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DanielW View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2024 at 10:03am
A few David Brown 2D's have popped up for sale here in Ontario over the past few years. They were a G look-alike, but a little newer (1956-1961). I always thought they were kind of neat, especially as they had a two-cylinder air-cooled diesel.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2024 at 7:33pm
that little john deere is pretty rare they didnt make many
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2024 at 7:41pm
Well it looks nothing like a G 
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2024 at 9:20pm
well.... considering there were only TWO prototypes built and one is in the JD Museum... i doubt that is the " GREEN G" he saw..
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 10:10am
If every tractor of that style is a G 'copy' then I guess all the regular 4 wheel tractors are a copy of the first one.Of that style tractor my Hines H-1600 is  much improved over a G. Cat 0 3pt front and rear,hydro drive,16 HP,easy to get on and off.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 12:52pm
Hines built a NICE tractor and has several  "upgrades" from the "G" design.. But you have to admitt, when you look at a HINES, you see a LOT of similarities in the 25 year OLDER G.

Edited by steve(ill) - 22 Jun 2024 at 12:55pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 3:27pm
Then there's this attempt, from a couple years ago. I haven't seen any updates, nor have I seen any stories about cuban farmers escaping communism by attaching barrels as floats, and driving to Florida...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 22 Jun 2024 at 3:27pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 3:38pm
That is true Steve,but then again there are many similarities between a Model A Ford and the 2024 models.
bigbirdww View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbirdww Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2024 at 1:35pm
Thanks so much for the responses. No unfortunately that is not the one I found. I can't download a photo to this forum. Can anyone assist with that. Need to be a JPIG. Picture speaks volumes. 
1948 AC-C
bigbirdww View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbirdww Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 8:14am
1948 AC-C
bigbirdww View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbirdww Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 8:15am
1948 AC-C
bigbirdww View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbirdww Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 8:16am
1948 AC-C
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 8:46am
man!  That’s just wrong!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 8:48am
YEP... thats an Allis G... just painted Green !!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 9:19am
 So who on here painted a John Deere orange n put AC decals on it , you can come out nobody will make fun of YOU .

nonetheless ,still dead.
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 12:28pm
Even Deere customers copy stuff by painting it green!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 12:35pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 2:19pm
It still has ac decals
nonetheless ,still dead.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 8:38pm
Henry Gilbert the John Deere dealer in Orange Virginia had an AC G he worked his garden, it could be seen near the dealership from US 15.He had the shop guys paint it JD green so from the road it appeared to be a JD.
1955CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2024 at 8:32am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

That's the best John Deere ever made! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic