This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers b oil drive pin replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hardwater000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers b oil drive pin replacement
    Posted: 01 Jun 2024 at 3:14pm
I have a broken oil pump drive pin. Was hoping someone could give advice on how to replace it, and maybe a replacement size roll pin or other ?? Tractor is split and oil pan is off hopefully I don't have to remove cam but if so I will. I believe the reason behind the pin being broke is because the oil pump is locked up, when I unstuck the motor I figure the pin broke then.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2024 at 3:36pm
I have rebuilt several engines... Never had to replace the pin.. Dont see how it could be done without cam removal .... you could look up from the bottom pan, but i dont see that working well.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Hardwater000 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hardwater000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2024 at 3:48pm
I figured that would be the case.i appreciate you for taking the time to answer
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hardwater000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2024 at 6:04am
For anyone that needs a easy way to install the pin... Take a 5/16 steel rod around 14" long drill a hole in the end just big enough for your pin to set down in around 3/4" deep drives right in..
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2024 at 9:32am
so... you can get it from the bottom with the pan off ?????
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hardwater000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2024 at 2:59pm
Yes it can be done. I tried baking wire threw the hole of a roll pin to pull the pin up to hole for a few hours with no luck. Over night I thought about a piece of steel rod with a hole drilled in the end to hold the pin and just put it up to the hole in cam and drive it in. There is not enough room for your hand thought about needle nose but that wud take 3 hands todo it if you had enough room not sure you would.
Les Kerf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Kerf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2024 at 3:06pm
Thank you for that explanation; I hope I never need to do that though! Smile
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2024 at 8:02pm
YEP... never ran into that NEED.... I assumed you pounded the broken parts out.. Did you need a magnet down the cam shaft end or did then fall out the bottom ?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hardwater000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2024 at 8:12pm
Yes I used a punch to drive the small piece out it fell on the lip below the cam. The longer piece I got out threw the end of cam just with a pick.started cleaning the grease and stuff out of the bell housing and trying to locate a clutch alignment tool so I can try to get it back together.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic