This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Auction results from macfadden disc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auction results from macfadden disc
    Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 7:11am
13 foot disk no welds food blades. 3250
D- 19 diesel ran 3600
Two bottom snap coupler plow 325
Wd ( ran when parked) with sickle mower 850
Wd 45 (ran when parked) 525
D-17 early series gas ran and drive 1100
B 750
Forage wagon (very nice) 1700
185 with westendorf loader 9500
Sponsored Links

captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 3:55pm
Were you there Dr? Kuhn FC 283 TG almost new and ORANGE followed me home for 10K.
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 4:40pm
Capt the fc283 behind a 190 or 200 makes a nice mowing combo. All day long in 6th gear unless you need to slow down for some other reason. Ours is an rtg switched to band d rolls. Is the tg no crimping or flails? I don't remember.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 4:12am
Dan I have flail fingers. Have no idea what all the letters stand for. Going to dealer this morning for new blades and bolts. This machine has not been touched. I fitted her on the 175 yesterday but will be an equal hook up to any of my 185’s or XT3. I bale with my 200 and Ian with 7030. Only owners manual I found yesterday online is written in french! Pfffftttt.
                          Dana
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 4:25am

Anyhow the AC forage wagon was nice. The 185 needed brakes and rails added to the loader as it ended on the torque tube. The back row diesel 19, 17, 45 and wd were not candidates for me. There were 500 people present and almost 2 grand of online folks. Last year I gave Jimmy a half hour ride in one of our Beech jets thinking maybe he would buy partly into one. But I ended up selling MD to a guy in Israel. Cheers.

Edited by captaindana - 01 Apr 2024 at 4:26am
                          Dana
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 5:10am
Captain

Aton of Mower Blades on ebay, but no Manual.

G
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 6:19am
Boy, that is a nice mower for 10 k. Didn't go that spring sale is a circus. You may have found the nest deal of the day
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 7:39am
Hopefully your Kuhn dealer can order up a manual. It will tell you how to drain and refill cutter bar and gearboxes and what to put in them. I think they called for a mobil synthetic gear oil. The 175 should handle it ok but you may find times where just I little more like the 185 or 190 is a better fit. Like heavy crop or going up and down hills and turning on hills when mowing in 6th gear.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 5:39pm
Yup My dealer 10 miles away printed me out a manual and put it in a notebook. I’m all set the parts for a very reasonable price new bolts, nuts, knives pail of 8090 weight it took all day for the cutter bar to drain lol.
                          Dana
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by captaindana captaindana wrote:

Yup My dealer 10 miles away printed me out a manual and put it in a notebook. I’m all set the parts for a very reasonable price new bolts, nuts, knives pail of 8090 weight it took all day for the cutter bar to drain lol.

Crazy buying it I have a nice 489 and mint 492 and 313 but I like fixing things up like new as a hobby I guess.
                          Dana
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 5:59pm

I'll bet 50% of the 'Reason for Buying' was that nice Colour.

G
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 7:05pm
I totally forgot about the auction. Would have went just to say hello to you guys 
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 7:40pm
We need to have a new york members lunch sometimes this summer. Captain what is half way between you and i?
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 10:08pm
I use my old NH 489 for mowing roadsides marsh grass and new seeding fields. Places I don't want the discbine sucking up all the crap off the ground.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic