This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C D Vinson / Vinson manifolds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C D Vinson / Vinson manifolds
    Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 8:52am
Just posted a manifold - Vinson - for a Wd.  A memory, I knew C D Vinson. 
He was a great member of the farm machinery community. Based out of Murray Ky , he would come by and talk for a good while ever so often.  His manifolds were cast in a foundry here in the US. He was the self professed 'Manifold King'. He said the Chinese wined and dined him.  He said their factory was in a desolate - acid rain killed area.
Young girls in bare feet were packing sand castings. There was a line of injured workers  in a tent outside. He said as bad as the conditions were in the foundry he used, he said they were 'kings and queens campared to the slave like labor of the commies' . He started as a salesman for a dealer.  Told the story of selling an A Farmall and equipment to a man who wrote him a bad check. He knew he would be fired if he could cover the deal. So he thought about it for a few days as he would daily call the bank where the customer kept his balance under $1700 so the check would not go thru. Then he had an epihemy one night, got up and called the bank at 9 AM and ask if a check for $1650 would go thru - "not quite" was the answer, so he ask "1625 ?"  Yes was the answer. So he went down and deposited $75 in the mans account and cashed the check. Sure miss his stories and contirbution to the farm parts industry.   
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
Sponsored Links

JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 8:56am
I sold a ton of those manifolds. When they told me they were stopping I asked how many they had left and bought what I could. Sold out in just a few months. Sure wish they were still available. We really liked having the American made available.
Owner of OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

We have new and used parts. 877-378-6543
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic