This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7080 battery box battery connections

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7080 battery box battery connections
    Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 8:44pm
Hi I have a 7080 and Im running with 2 batteries.  The problem I have is that the batteries ground through the battery box individually with a bolt.  I have cleaned up the holes and even used new bolts but it seams like I have a hard time maintaining a ground with one of the batteries? The inside battery the bolt goes threw the battery box and into another ground strap that goes to the casting on the transmition (good connection) The outer battery is set up to ground through the box in which I get a terrible connection and the tractor ends up cranking on just one battery which isnt enough. Any ideas?  Would grease around the bolt and the surface help maintain a good clean connection?
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 8:57pm
add a ground strap from the 2nd battery to the first, or to the case bolt..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
nickia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 9:01pm
ok thanks steve I was thinking about that but was looking for something simple that I could of missed.  and your right it would be a easy solution

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 6:46am
I have changed a couple smaller tractors (185 and 7000) over to one large (battery size 4DLT) battery for the same reason. I was finding bad connections on one battery and one battery was doing all the work.
I like one large battery much better.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 12:52pm
For what it’s worth, I have gotten rid of the lug style and went with stud bolt batteries. (7045 & 7080) The front battery has the pos + in front and same for the rear. That puts the negative stud out first when they swing out. I undo one nut and they are disconnected. 8000’s have negatives in front and they are undone as well. Old tractors, trucks, and combines aren’t getting any newer. And neither are their wiring.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic