This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Memorial Section
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John (C-ILL)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John (C-ILL)
    Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 8:18pm
I tried a search, but found nothing,, or not allowed this search. he is still on the member list. I    got a little acquainted with him on the OLD forum when we had a working chat room, lots of us met there bout 6-8:00 pm

I'm likin this idea of the memorials, purty shore there are others that ought to be remembered show up here eventually

Sponsored Links

Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 9:18pm
I met John at Dale Haymakers show a couple times. Great guy . His son Alan lives in Washington Illinois. Told me his dad went out on a Saturday morning to dig a post hole for the garden and dropped over . Believe he had posted or logged on earlier that morning. He was a big supporter of both Dale's Orange Power of the Past show and Rantouls Half Century of Progress. Miss big John ,always in his AllisChalmers suspenders.

Edited by Pat the Plumber CIL - 06 Mar 2024 at 11:04am
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 9:28pm
John Schweizer   Rankin, IL
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 6:29am
He was the pioneer of posting pictures on this site. It was an involved process but it worked. Back when it was dial up and the fist message was "Youve got mail" He started the handle with name and location included. You can still pick out the old timers just by their handle. 
http://lonsallischalmers.com
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 9:20am

John Schweizer, 58

Posted 

John W. Schweizer, 58, of rural Rankin, died on Saturday, May 5, 2012, at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana.

Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, May 9, at Baier Family Funeral Services in Paxton. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, May 10, at the funeral home with the Rev. Daniel A. Olson officiating.

Burial will be in Glen Cemetery in Paxton.

Mr. Schweizer was born in Pana on June 26, 1953, the son of Charles E. and Bertie Elizabeth (Bagley) Schweizer. He married Barbara J. Schumate in Champaign on Aug. 30, 1975, and she survives.

A 1971 Nokomis High School graduate, he earned his bachelor of science degree from the University of Illinois in agriculture mechanics. He was employed as a feed and seed salesman for the Ludlow Coop Elevator.

Mr. Schweizer received the U of I Distinguished Alumni Award and the Alumni Volunteer Service Award. He was a member of the Beta Sigma Psi Alpha Chapter and the I & I Tractor Club.

A volunteer fireman in Colfax and a former Cub Scout leader and soccer coach, he enjoyed tractors, NASCAR and St. Louis Cardinals baseball. His greatest joy was spending time with his granddaughters and helping his sons work on their houses.

In addition to his wife, Mr. Schweizer is survived by his father; stepmother, Winona Schweizer of Nokomis; two sons, Charles (wife Lara) Schweizer of LeRoy and Alan (wife Sarah) Schweizer of Washington; two granddaughters, Kaitlin and Samantha Schweizer; two brothers, Dave (wife Becky) Schweizer of Witt and William Schweizer of Coffeen; mother-in-law, Erma Shumate of rural Rankin; and numerous other relatives.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DSpears N IL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSpears N IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 7:42pm
John was a great participant at the AC Jamboree Davis Illinois doing a complete overhaul and painting of this AC WC on steel!

Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 6:58pm
Wow! Great man he was! I met him at Dales show as well. He was always on his D17 forklift at Dales helpin' folks with getting stuff off of trailers and flat beds. (I think it was a reversed D17)  Jo Jo still mentions once in a while about big John with the big smile. She was chattin' with John at our tables for quite a while at one of Dales shows.
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 2:02pm
This picture was taken taken at Dale Haymakers very first swap meet before he started having Shows .

I am to John's right Jay from In. on his his left
  Allen Dilg  on left front of picture n Dale on right .

Had lots of good times with John at these Shows .

Date March 09 2006 

Edited by Fred in Pa - 10 Mar 2024 at 2:04pm
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 10:15am
John was a very nice and kind gentleman.  He and I were from the same town and visited several times a year.  He sold me an old #73 plow for parts many years ago.  He had quite a collection and I believe his wife and son, Alan, still have most if not all of it.  RIP, John.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic