This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190xt power director

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190xt power director
    Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 11:46pm
I’m building a 190xt pulling tractor. Looking to see if someone’s knows where to find the coupler to get rid of the power director and have it be a straight shaft? Or if there’s another that would work? The coupler I was told would work is part#70230321. Thank you in advance for help or suggestions.
Sponsored Links

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 7:43am
Where in NY? Just curious.
Newallis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 1:07pm
Saratoga NY area
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 3:41pm
Yes, but NLA new.  No dealer shows it - it has a groove for a snap ring in the middle. Might find a salvage one - fits all 100 series , 7000 and few RARE D17's  1 3/8" 21 spline best I can remember.  Seems some used a 1000 Rpm shaft from PTO adaptor..
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Newallis Newallis wrote:

Saratoga NY area

I'm 180 miles north of you in the Malone/Massena area.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 8:05am
Curious, what HP and RPM you looking to go for ?
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
Newallis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 2:18pm
I’m not to sure what to guess hp would be at. The motor is getting overhauled due to being pretty tired. I’m planning on running a borgwarner s200 turbo from fair valley performance along with a set of there pre bent lines that are bigger then stock. I’d like to send my pump and injectors to injection pump ed to work his magic. It’s already got an electric lift pump but that’s getting upgraded to a raptor 150. I’ve been tossing around the idea of attempting to put a Bosch A pump on it. The classes I pull in around here are 3000rpm limited classes with a speed limit. My reason for getting rid of the power director is I was having some slippage problems on the low side last year. High side never slipped low side would slip with a load at the end of the track
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 7:38pm
Wouldn't it be easier to rebuild the power director? If they are right, they will hold a lot of power.
Newallis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 8:03pm
This tractor is gonna be a dedicated puller. If I can’t end up finding a coupler to work that’s what I’ll end up doing I just don’t wanna have it have the same issue again after rebuilding it. I’d like to just get rid of it along with most the other hydraulics that I no longer need. Faired pretty well last year running just the high side so I’m not to worried about not having the low side. hoping this year it’ll do better with a freshend up motor and little bit more power in the gear I ran last year
goomer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 11:21pm
There is one on ebay right now under 7000 tractor pto drive coupler. This will allow it to have high range only. Atlas makes a coupler that slides to have both high and low. Some machine/fabrication work is needed to make it work.
Newallis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2024 at 5:10pm
Thank you goomer. Just ordered one up off of eBay. I didn’t even think to check on there.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2024 at 6:33pm
just curious again - what weight  class and spped limit ?
Newallis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2024 at 9:55pm
Pulled 9,500, 10,500, and 11,500. At 12 mph. It was a little heavy last year and couldn’t get down to the lighter classes
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 4:38am
How many hooks (pulls) do you get every year down there? Locally, we're down to 4 or 5 per year.

I'm surprised you can be competitive in classes that heavy with a 301 engine!
Newallis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 12:50am
Last year we had 7 pulls that were pretty local. The furthest I went was Addison vt. Would like to go out to high gate this year too. I was surprised with the little 301 too. It didn’t ever get last even in the heavy class. This year it’s gonna be a little lighter
HARVESTMOONPULLER View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARVESTMOONPULLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:31am
Im working on this as well. I have the coupler but i wanted to see if i could make a sliding coupler to be able to have low as well. I got everything figured out its just a matter of making it now. I did some machining last night and got a little bit closer. Our last pull of the year last year is on the same track our first pull is at this year. I could run 6th with pretty much the same setup your looking to do but would snuff out at the end. 
Newallis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 4:03pm
That’s interesting to see how that will work for you I would definitely like to hear more about it as you get it together and working. I got one of the couplers but haven’t got it in yet my tractors completely torn apart for paint and a motor rebuild now. I was also running 6th gear and would snuff out at the end of the track but my motor was very tired. Hoping for a better result this year
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 4:27pm
not beiing a debbie downer - but w/o more fuel and air - you are not going to gain much via overhaul 'freshen up' unless you had a bad valve or gaulded piston... . 
Newallis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 4:52pm
I will agree on not gaining much form the overhaul alone. But I have made some other changes and wanted to be sure the bottom end had been freshened up and would hold up. Rings, liners, and pistons upon disassembly we’re definitely due for a replacement. I’m not expecting to much of a difference from last year tho

Edited by Newallis - 04 Apr 2024 at 4:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic