This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lost my buddy yesterday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost my buddy yesterday
    Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 7:45am
we had to walk another sweet puppy to the bridge yesterday, I've been stepping over and around this overgrown lovable dude everyday for almost 14 years, the house seems so quiet and empty today. Gonna have to figure out a new daily schedule, funny seems like our whole day was centered around them. He's able to run the heavens with his sister again, hope they're having fun.

Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 8:02am
Prayers for comfort  

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 8:14am
Prayers up from Here!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 8:31am
Been almost 2 years. The pain is real and great. That last trip to the vet is tough. We use my neighbors dogs as a crutch (daughter/son in law). Can't decide whether to go down that road again. What's that saying? "Better to have loved and lost than to not loved at all".
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 8:48am
Sorry to hear Joe. That's the hardest part of having a pet! 
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 8:59am

Many Condolences to you and your family,,Joe!!  I also shudder as the oldest of the four doggies I have,,, one German Shepard, one doberman and the daughter of the mother/daughter Yorkies is going on 14 wonderful years,,,,, She is almost deaf and has trouble with her vision.
  I tentivly suggest getting another to comfort you and the family. PEACE be with you, Joe.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 12:04pm
Sorry to hear about the loss of your buddy Joe . They become part of the family.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 12:08pm
Condolences to your family. Losing a pet can be just as painful as losing a relative
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 12:45pm
Sorry Joe. Come see us. We've got a couple of mutts here that'll give you all day to stop scratching
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 5:44pm
Joe, sorry to hear of the loss of your buddy. Prayers for comfort and peace. Being part of your family, and they truly are family, I know that he had the best life a dog could ask for. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Edited by Hubert (Ga)engine7 - 28 Dec 2023 at 5:45pm
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 7:00pm
Joe I am so sorry to hear this, you have my heart felt sympathy my friend.
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 7:52pm
Man, i am so sorry vor your loss
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 9:31pm
We who love dogs and cats grieve when we loose them. I know as I have lost many in my life. But I don't stop bringing them into our home. This last spring we got another German Shepard. Her name is Piper and we got her because of a divorce. She has had some issues, and has turned into a sweet dog. She does pick on Jada our older Shepard, but they are friends.
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 10:21pm
Sorry about your loss, them furry friends have a way of captivating our hearts and being a friend through all seasons of life.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 1:06am
Sorry for your loss Joe.  It is always hard on us to lose a loved pet.  They steal 10 to 15+ years of our lives and then go away to something better.
Just remember,  when you holler at your wife and walk out the door, 8 hours later she is still fuming with you.  Holler at the dog, walk out the door ,,,,,,, walk back in to get the keys you forgot and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they are wagging their tail, happy to see ya!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 8:49am
Its a day I dread dearly. I have a 6 year old german shepherd that attached herself to my hip. I've never bonded with an animal quite like my Sage. She has a big piece of my soul. I pray every day it's a long ways off. If I can get 15 good years with her, I'll be forever thankful.
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2023 at 1:26pm
Praying for peace and comfort. May the Lord bless you with another buddy!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2023 at 10:13pm
Sorry for your loss. They truly become part of the family. 

I've buried several of mine in the farms windbreak so they can watch over the driveway & road as they all seemed to like doing. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 8:12pm
Joe and family
I am sorry. Our Dogs always have a special place in our lives. That really does hurt I know.
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic