This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I thought I'd seen most everything but today...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I thought I'd seen most everything but today...
    Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 1:53am
A friend stopped by and left his car, a Saturn, sit in the drive running.  I asked him why he didn't shut if off and he said "I have to use this jumper battery thing to get it to start".  He held up of of those little lithium jumpers he bought at Costco.  I asked if he needed a new battery but he told me he'd gotten one a few months ago and it still wasn't better then the old one.  I'd just gone to Harbor Freight this morning and bought one of those little battery testers that is supposed to tell you all about the battery and charging condition and wanted to try it out so I asked where the battery was.  It's behind the passenger seat under the floor in front of the rear seat.  The cover was already off as he would have to jump it most every time.  I got to looking at it and noticed what looked like black plastic on top of the negative terminal.  I asked where he got the battery and if he installed it, told me O Reilly's and the guy at the store installed it for him.  I took off the terminal and sure enough, the plastic post protector was still on the post!  It had torn a bit when the clamp was tightened down so a bit of juice was able to get to the system.  I was trying not to laugh too hard but it wasn't easy.  After tightening down the terminal clamp, I tested the battery and it was in pretty good shape.  I know they have trouble hiring compliant help, but really, I mean he took the red positive cap off, why not the neg?  Later, I called a buddy and told him the story, he told me I'd made his day!

Edited by JohnColo - 18 Jun 2023 at 1:55am
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 4:20am
interstate batteries used to come shrink wrapped in clear plastic. I was at the local auto electric shop that had just had a customer installed battery come in on a tow truck, customer was Irate, and lookin for a fight, he said Interstate batteries are junk! I just shook my head and laughed heartily, internally!LOL
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 5:22am
Years ago there was a Homelite chainsaw dealer down the road from me. I was cutting firewood out of fence rows and would need my chain ground from hitting objects that were in the trees. One day when I was at the shop an elderly man came in with his saw very angry. He said to the owner "You sharpened the chain on this saw and it won't cut butter"! The owner looked at it and calmly said " Any chainsaw will cut if the chain isn't on backwards"! The old man looked at his saw and said " I'll be damned your right"! Picked up his saw and left!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 6:28am
Big local Cub Cadet dealership did service on guys rider,he'd bought $$$ from them....he comes to me,sunday of course, says the deck's not cutting right. Some riders ALL a PITA to get deck proper,sigh,ok....he leaves, I look at it, call him 2 days later, "it's fixed,I adjusted it,seems fine". Didn't have the heart to tel him ONE of the two new blades  dealer  had put on was UPSIDE DOWN.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 6:53am
Has happened for years just as this, ran a tow truck as a sub, was a full time mechanic and saw this firsthand all too often!!
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 8:34am
Some People KNOW EVETHING but NOTHING
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 8:41am
Few years ago, my neighbor worked for a forklift company, drove 2-1/2 hours to find the same thing and the guy was mad that he charged him.  Stupid on 2 counts!!  All my battery cables barely fit without the plastic, they really have to work to screw it up.
Maximum use of available resources!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Fred in Pa Fred in Pa wrote:

Some People KNOW EVETHING but NOTHING

Those are the worst Cry since they already know it all Confused no way to show them the right way. So run to get away so they don't hurt you too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic